Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asimov's Foundation Series

Options
  • 04-07-2006 5:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all, I'm new to the board.

I was wondering if anyone has read any of the attempts to continue Asimov's brilliant Foundation series, and if so... are they any good?

I'm tempted to track them down and read them but would like to know if it's worth it or if I'm just going to end up hating the authors for ruining it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i only read the first novel of the series

its one i would like to go back & finish the rest of the books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 niksar

Definately do that. It's easily one of the best series I've ever read. Asimov is a genius :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

azimovs stuff i love, adore, think is wonderful, cant put down, want to own all of, and so on and so forth.

haven't tried any of the newer stuff yet, though some stuff i had read based in the robots series was pretty good (cant rememeber the name only there was 3 books, at least one written by greg bear, and another by some otehr author w/ a surname starting w/ b, and one of the main characters was a red android w/ blue eyes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 niksar

Hehe, totally. Asimov is the best.

As soon as i saw the connections between "the end of eternity", the robot books, foundation series and the galactic empire novels; my brain started melting out my ears trying to imagine how anyone could do it so seamlessly.

Btw, if you havent read "the end of eternity" (not many people i know have) DO SO, and do it right after reading the foundation series. Hopefully it will blow your mind like mine :)

Genius. Pure genius.

Advertisement