Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentaship

Options
  • 04-07-2006 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all.

Looking for a bit of advice, I work part time and run a small business. I reckon personally putting too much time into IT course be it Microsoft, cisco, diplomas etc is a waste for me as to get on in IT you really need to travel to the likes of Dublin etc which I am not willing to do.

I was thinking of doing an electricians apprenticeship as i could work in Cork which means alot to me.

Also I could continue in the business part time and make a few pound from that as I know the moneis are bad until you qualify or can do foxers.

I also have a bit saved so could access this as needed.

Im 32 though and will take a while to make up my mind. Would it be dificult to get an apprentaship at my age. I am looking to get a job maybe as an electricain in one of the factories around the harbour. is there a special course I need to do?

What ye reckon?

Noel

Comments

Advertisement