Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Finger Wag - Let Off

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

As I stated above I was all smiles to the filth when they pulled me over.

I've never met anyone before who refers to them as "The Gardai" who wasn't actually a rozzer themselves. As for referring to them as "Law Enforcement" - it makes them sound like NYPD Blue, rather than fat culchies in a ford mondeo... btu I digress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Kermitt wrote:
    I'm beggining to think your attitude may have been a part of the reason you got points.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

magpie wrote:
    I've never met anyone before who refers to them as "The Gardai" who wasn't actually a rozzer themselves.

Hi, my name is dudara, I'm not a Garda, but I'd only ever call them the Gardai.

Yes, but you are from Cork

To the OP - was your car a Dublin reg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

magpie wrote:
    As I stated above I was all smiles to the filth when they pulled me over.

I've never met anyone before who refers to them as "The Gardai" who wasn't actually a rozzer themselves. As for referring to them as "Law Enforcement" - it makes them sound like NYPD Blue, rather than fat culchies in a ford mondeo... btu I digress.

Ah yes - all smiles to the lovely people you refer to as 'the filth'. HAve you ever had a bad experience with a Garda, have you been the subject of random police brutality, unnecessary questioning, blatant targeting, harrassment? Or are you just showing your flippant dislike of the people responsible for making our country safer. No rhyme or reason... I see.....

Edit - Penalty points well deserved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Kermitt wrote:
    Or are you just showing your flippant dislike of the people responsible for making our country safer. .....
    wohahahahah hahaha haha
    that's funny...
    that's hilarious,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Kermit are you talking about the wide straight stretch just after killerig cross on the castledermot side?

I drive that road every week and the boys in blue are very often at either end of that wide straight, a lot of people think its a 100 zone.

Was it the local boys or the traffic core that stopped you?

I'm beggining to think your attitude may have been a part of the reason you got points. _ Let me see - from Dublin

I think we're actually getting the root of the issue here. Like I said, are you from Dublin and/or driving a Dublin reg car?

wohahahahah hahaha haha
    that's funny...
    that's hilarious,

Not getting into the argument about how well they're doing it - But I don't see anyone else sweeping in to do a better job - and it's not a valid reason for verbally abusing them...
    And magpie... what about Gards from Dublin - they're not 'cultchies' or was that another mindless sweeping generalisation

No I'm not from Dublin - My car has a dublin reg, but spent all but one year of its life in Kildare/Laois. That's irrelevant to the original story... what isn't irrelevant is you're names for the Gardaí

I think its highly relevant - the fact that you got let off and you are of the 'rural' persuasion, and I got booked because I'm from the big city and turfcutter pigs envy us for our culture and discernment, is very apropos to this discussion as it explains exactly why I got a ticket and you didn't.

My names for the scum have no bearing on this conversation as I refered to the inbred layabouts in question as 'Guard' during proceedings but still got a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I, for one will rue the day the guards aren't allowed use their own discretion in deciding whether somebody is doing something dangerous or whether its enough to give them a ticking off and send them on their way.

On a side note, I love some of the expressions guards used to come out with a couple of years back, for example to a friend of mine who had floored it away from a set of traffic lights : "are y'alright there, wing commander?"

magpie wrote:
    I think its highly relevant - the fact that you got let off and you are of the 'rural' persuasion, and I got booked because I'm from the big city and turfcutter pigs envy us for our culture and discernment, is very apropos to this discussion as it explains exactly why I got a ticket and you didn't.

My names for the scum have no bearing on this conversation as I refered to the inbred layabouts in question as 'Guard' during proceedings but still got a ticket.

Your deep understanding of culture in this country astounds me. If you're going to come on here and pedal this sort of nonsense can you please give us a warning first. Your attitude stinks. I won't even bother to be drawn into a petty argument about Dublin VS The world... it's been done. How you can attribute the getting of your tcket to being from Dublin and mine not is a joke. What I referred to earlier was driving a 'boy racer' modded car - people everywhere drive those. I don't have any more time to waste listening to you use words like 'scum', 'inbred' and 'turfcutter pigs' when you are completely ignorant of life outside your little city bubble. Good day.

If Kermit is talking about the stretch of road I think he is, 97 while overtaking wouldn't be reckless, infact I very often get passed on that road doing the limit of 80 and I have on occasions seen those cars fly past the gardai without them been stopped, it's a big straight wide stretch of road and the only safe passing stretch until you get to castledermot.

Duckjob wrote:
    I, for one will rue the day the guards aren't allowed use their own discretion in deciding whether somebody is doing something dangerous or whether its enough to give them a ticking off and send them on their way.

On a side note, I love some of the expressions guards used to come out with a couple of years back, for example to a friend of mine who had floored it away from a set of traffic lights : "are y'alright there, wing commander?"

Here here on the discretion. Danger is unique to situation

they can be funny sometimes alright - I have heard of a similar one something like " Are you ok squadron leader, could ya not get her off the ground?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

magpie wrote:
    I got booked because I'm from the big city and turfcutter pigs envy us for our culture and discernment

Cultured indeed. :D

irish1 wrote:
    If Kermit is talking about the stretch of road I think he is, 97 while overtaking wouldn't be reckless, infact I very often get passed on that road doing the limit of 80 and I have on occasions seen those cars fly past the gardai without them been stopped, it's a big straight wide stretch of road and the only safe passing stretch until you get to castledermot.

I'm sure it is - the only wide stretch just after Killerig cross. Regular enough place for speedchecks i think

Kermitt wrote:
    I'm sure it is - the only wide stretch just after Killerig cross. Regular enough place for speedchecks i think
    Thats the one, yea the Gardai seem to be living on it, was it the Tullow Gardai that stopped you or the traffic core?

If you're going to come on here and pedal this sort of nonsense

Peddle

Traffic Corps - I know the Gards in Tullow, they have a Focus. This garda had the standard issue Mondeo with the new low profile lighs on top.

I know the Gards in Tullow

:rolleyes: surprise surprise

• Advertisement

Grow up

"Ah Jayziz tiz you Micí Óg! No fine for you, see you de pub later"

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

I got pulled over by the guards a while ago for doing 67 in a 40kmph zone... I thought for sure that I was gonna be done. Didn't see them when I drove past them but the followed me and pulled me over.

They were extremely serious and checked licence/tax/insurance etc. They asked me and everyone else in the car who they were, where they were from, where they were going, what they were doing there etc. Then he goes do you have any points on your licence... I said no

I was just thinking, just give me the ticket and get it over with but in fairness, he goes: right we're going to let you off with a caution this time but if you do it again you'll be getting points... and that was that

Don;t know them personally, pass them every day.. Its called a Garda station. With your attitude you'll propbably see the inside of one someday.

With your attitude you'll propbably see the inside of one someday

When the Culchie Thought Police take power? Oh hang on, Fianna Fail already run the country..... ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

will one of the mods please close this?

kbannon wrote:
    will one of the mods please close this?

Here Here - I hate whe we try to talk about motor issues and some people insist on turning it into a socio-polotical attack - Mindless

Please close

On a final note - from the Garda website
    Dublin... poses unique problems for the Garda Síochána
    . Ain't that the truth.

If anyone else wants to suggest another reason why a well dressed, well mannered Dubliner in a respectable car gets a ticket for doing 70 in a 60 zone while others get off, I'd be delighted to hear them. And refrain from speculation about my 'attitude', like I said I was nice as is possible to the boys in blue.

last last word.. No need for speculation - your posts remove all doubt about your attitude towards the Gards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Kermitt wrote:
    Your deep understanding of culture in this country astounds me. If you're going to come on here and pedal this sort of nonsense can you please give us a warning first. Your attitude stinks. I won't even bother to be drawn into a petty argument about Dublin VS The world... it's been done. How you can attribute the getting of your tcket to being from Dublin and mine not is a joke. What I referred to earlier was driving a 'boy racer' modded car - people everywhere drive those. I don't have any more time to waste listening to you use words like 'scum', 'inbred' and 'turfcutter pigs' when you are completely ignorant of life outside your little city bubble. Good day.

sorry now kermitt.... but your the only one PEDDLING nonsense here. your the only one who cant see the real truth...

sure is it no wonder.... if you not a guard now or training to be one...
    your the perfect candidate to be in the reserve.
    and buy the way your talking on here to people here... you would be a right pig of a guard as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement