Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - Chapelizod - confused

• 04-07-2006 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    A client in a house in Chapelizod has asked me to investigate getting broadband for him. They have NTL cable TV (or did until recently), but when I called NTL about getting broadband installed they said it wasn't available at that adress.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I thought where there was TV there was the Internet - could somebody confirm or deny this?

Also, anybody have any ideas who else might provide a cable or other reliable broadband service in Chapelizod?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

rockbeer wrote:
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but I thought where there was TV there was the Internet - could somebody confirm or deny this?
    Nope, Most of Dublin is covered by NTL TV, but only parts are covered by NTL internet. AFAIK, certain infrastucture has to be in place in order for NTL to be able to offer internet. i.e. Fibre cables etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I have NTL broadband. I live at the top of St Laurence Rd in Chapelizod (although it's really lower Ballyfermot ;) ) Where in Chapelizod are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

BendiBus wrote:
    I have NTL broadband. I live at the top of St Laurence Rd in Chapelizod (although it's really lower Ballyfermot ;) ) Where in Chapelizod are you?

Interesting.
    The address is mullingar terrace, it's down near the bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

if they can provide they will, there is a BB race out there!! if they can't they are working on areas of Dublin to go live!

With NTL you could live next to a development that has BB and you still cant get it for many reasons:-

1. Coax is fiited with no return signals equipement! you can get downstream signal but no upstream!! (some developers cut corners!) in some areas NTL are addresseing this
    2. Bad COax older estates need a full replacement of COax as the network was in tatters!!
    3. Fed from a node that is not enabled

There is many others so I've been told !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Thanks for the comments everyone, that helps clear a few things up.

Looks as though it's BT then, at least for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

np! btw DSL is the best BB after Cable imho! its reliable!

Advertisement