Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build me a Rig

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

cheers, what bout nb fan connection on board?

off topic....when they gonna bypass claregalway. was thru there 2 day.....f**kn disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

PogMoThoin wrote:

off topic....when they gonna bypass claregalway. was thru there 2 day.....f**kn disaster

lets just say into the future FAR into the future:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I havent checked if its specific to this man's order, but i ordered a rig about 2 weeks back. Checked prices on OCUK and komplett, put a little box zround the cheaper of the two for each component, and added up the komplett total, the OCUK total and the 'box-around-cheaper-prices' total (incl. shipping and VAT)....turns out i was saving nearly 100 euro by splitting my order (140 if i ordered from OCUK, nearly 100 if from komplett) including 70 euro shipping (48 for OCUK and 22 for komplett).

My point: Always shop around, everything from components to prostitutes you will save a few extra cent

Ya :rolleyes: exactly what i'm gonna do. Also got sis in Ny so i can use newegg to her address & get her to send em home with a birthday card. Decided to change cooler to Zalman Led.

Whats the story with OCUK, is it £22 each item or what? How much is del from Komplett? Will they package several small things together or do i have to pay del for each item? orderin 2morro so i need to know.

Also do i need the 64bit XP-Pro?

need 2 know bout delivery.:rolleyes: orderin in morn. sis orderin ram off newegg.
    bump8lu.gif

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Whats the story with OCUK, is it £22 each item or what? How much is del from Komplett? Will they package several small things together or do i have to pay del for each item? orderin 2morro so i need to know.

Any1 have experience with OCUK ans question above.

All ordered. got soundcard in the end. cant wait :D

gd luck :D

cheers m8...... is there much to settin up raid ie stripe size etc?

dont know but heard its advised to just put 1 in when installing windows and then add the second after.

• Advertisement

Been advised elsewhere to go for faster memory ie. pc6400 cos conroe wil be easier to oc when the memory can go faster. what you think? mobo only supports supposed to support 667mhz, pc6400 is 800mhz. can sum1 please advise.

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Been advised elsewhere to go for faster memory ie. pc6400 cos conroe wil be easier to oc when the memory can go faster. what you think? mobo only supports supposed to support 667mhz, pc6400 is 800mhz. can sum1 please advise.

hmm stuck there but you can allways put the ram on a divider.

Awhir, read this:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=189321

Maybe i should get pc6400 to allow for a better oc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

PogMoThoin wrote:
    you wnt be running the mem at its std speed thats why u went for the best mem. Youll be running the mem overclocked. Anyone who says not to for for C3 doesnt know what they on about TBH!

cheers Master, sis is orderin OCZ PC5400 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series (2x1Gb) for $143 after rebate. Should i change 2 Crucial C3 or what? gettin v excited. feel like a 4yo waitin for xmas. Will start new thread if i need help when parts arrive. cheers folks for all your advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mac_leinn

you wnt be running the mem at its std speed thats why u went for the best mem. Youll be running the mem overclocked. Anyone who says not to for for C3 doesnt know what they on about TBH!

I should have made myself clearer in my other post...if you have two choices of memory for the same speed and same price you've no reason not to go for the CL3 one.

Especially if you plan on overclocking you'll only have to loosen the timing from CL3->CL4 instead of CL4->CL5.

Awhir is right though, timings dont make that much of a difference but as I say you have no reason not to get the lower latency one.

Also if your going for PC2-6400 (800MHz) alot of people at the overclockers forums are talking about this RAM:G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ PC2-6400 (2x1GB) CAS4 Dual Channel Kit (F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ) (MY-013-GS). (Third one down) Have a look at the LINK under the description. Assuming the person was using this RAM it look like it overclocks to 1000MHz! :)

Ya that explains it. i was told go for cheaper ram with a higher frequency and looser timings. Makes sense now. cheers.

Edit: im finding it impossible 2 get on2 newegg.com, prob be stickin with OCZ 5400 Xtc now. should be ok tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mac_leinn

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Ya that explains it. i was told go for cheaper ram with a higher frequency and looser timings. Makes sense now. cheers.

Edit: im finding it impossible 2 get on2 newegg.com, prob be stickin with OCZ 5400 Xtc now. should be ok tho.

I think that ram will overclock to around 700MHz according to this review. So If you can do that you could overclock your E6600 from 2.66GHz (266MHzx10, i think that fsb and multi is right for the e6600... not sure though) to 3.5GHz (350x10, i think the multi is locked on all but the x6800) and use a FSB : DRAM of 1:1.

God, I want a conroe now...:D

E6600 is 2.40Ghz (240x10). Should oc to 3.2 or more....... cool

I told you to go for the ocz ....................

• Advertisement

awhir wrote:
    I told you to go for the ocz ....................

i did. sis ordered it last nite. she'll have it 2morro. as it happens she got friend comin home nxt wk so she got $60 extra for beer. no losin it in the post either.

Advertisement