Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nite Club Prices

Options
  • 04-07-2006 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey!
    Just wondering is there such a thing as a pricing guideline chart for nite club admission?
    Our local Nite Club had this kind of chart charging going on a few years ago, for example from 11pm - 1.30am €10.00, 1.30am - 2am €7.00, 2am - close €5.00 which worked quite well and seemed fair.
    Lately, with the influx of new recruits (& greed on behalf of the owner...) the charge in is €10.00 start to finish, even at 2.15am!
    Now, unless you refuse to pay the €10.00 and pretend to know about this pricing chart (which they deny knowing about) you WILL get in for a reduced rate and they seem quite intimidated until they get you in (but up the charge for everyone else in after you)
    Surely there has to be some law on this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

Am not aware of any such laws but as a regular night club goer in limerick, prices are outrageous, for example one club is 12euro in all night. if you go in and change your mind and come out less then five minutes later, tough ****, even if the bouncer remembers you. no laws for stupidity i spose but the price is still ridiculus

• Registered Users Posts: 47 supergirl2

It's not just the price in they make a killing on, the drink sold inside is hugely over priced too and take outs (and cheap foreign spirits filled into our labeled bottles)!! Have to say i wouldn't argue about the price in to any other nite club only to my local one but there should be some law - you can bet they don't admit to the Revneue the charge in is full price start to finish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Nite clubs are a total rip off. Anything from 10 - 12 euro on a sat night an they are like a cattle market!! I only go if there is a whole group of us going out!
    Luckily there are 2 late bars until 2am in Drogheda which do me fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 supergirl2

Luckily there are late bars in my locality too but we still end up landing to the nite club after 2am anyway because it's only 3 mins away!! As often as we say NEVER AGAIN!!
    They should be free like most clubs in the U.K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I can remember the tunnel in oldcastle, co.meath being €10-15 euro and they let you in for €5 coming near to the end of the night. Total ripoff alright, load of bolleex :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

just back from gran canaria there at the weeked,

Free into EVERY night club and pub

at the very least 2 for 1 drinks and some were even 3 for 1

Never had to q for drink, was always brought down to us, usually got a load of free shots.

the change coming back is extremely depressing.

even got free bottles of vodka and peach schnapps

and got free shots with our dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

have to say that if you are getting inot a nightclub for €10 - €12 euro and all drinks are only €2 like all nightclubs have become in dundalk, then you cant complain

WHich would you rather pay free in and full price drinks or €10-€12 in and €2 a drink
    You got to look at their overheads and the main thing is Insurance , Imro costs and last but not least staff bills and to still make a profit,

The problem with nightclubs in this area is it the same thing every weekend, same music, same people.
    How many people were in silence for the beach party , every night was great in it as it was different, you didn't mind paying your €10 in as you were getting a change from the normal. Silence probally didn't make back the money they spent but i would still go back again and again as there was effort put in, unlike others in the town who open their doors and expect you shell out your hard earned cash every night on the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Excatly! Earth / Storm / Fusion in Drogheda havent been refurbished in years! They are all total dumps! Need change of floors / carpet etc.....even a facelift!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Luckily there are 2 late bars until 2am in Drogheda which do me fine

Star and Crescent is one but whats the other one?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Lister1 wrote:
    Star and Crescent is one but whats the other one?

O'Shea's

• Advertisement
Advertisement