Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XII

Options
  • 04-07-2006 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Does anyone know any information about this game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Googling will help you there. October the 31st has been set for a U.S. release so hopefully we won't be waiting too long for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gamefaqs had it listed out before christmas over here, November I think. If I was a betting man and going by how long it takes Square Enix to slow a game down and add borders... I mean do a 'PAL' conversion I wouldn't put money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

FFX (US) was out in Dec 2001 followed by PAL version 5 months later in May 2002, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

PS2's busted for awhile now, darn dog tripped over the wires dragging the unit crashing onto the stone floor. :rolleyes:

So I don't mind it coming out late when I'd get a PS3 then to play it on. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BeerWolf wrote:
    PS2's busted for awhile now, darn dog tripped over the wires dragging the unit crashing onto the stone floor. :rolleyes:

So I don't mind it coming out late when I'd get a PS3 then to play it on. :D

Bank manager agreed to that second mortgage then :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭blahblah1234

Whens the PS3 out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TuneR

Whens the PS3 out?

End of this year US/Japan, spring of next year in Europe. Of course that's as long as there is no further delays.....:rolleyes:

TuneR wrote:
    End of this year US/Japan, spring of next year in Europe. Of course that's as long as there is no further delays.....:rolleyes:

It's mid November around the world. Good luck trying to get one though. There'll be fook all sent to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

How many million is this machine estimated to cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

0.000499 Million Euros [I guess] :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i hope we get the limited edition as well. i like fancy things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

BeerWolf wrote:
    0.000499 Million Euros [I guess] :p

Excellent! That's only .0004 more than I can afford... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

LMAO!

I think the release date of the PAL version is set to be around February.

Only 6 MORE MONTHS!!! *_@

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Amazon.co.uk and play.com have it at the 23rd February and sendit.com has it at the 29th of septeber(old release date before it was pushed back), so it looks like february. Hopefully we will get the extras like FFX. At least there is KH2 to keep me goin until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

We got extras? I didn't get extras!

/pout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Caldwell

hope it's not delayed, can't wait for it.

kawaii wrote:
    We got extras? I didn't get extras!

/pout

You probably did, the Dark Aeons weren't in the Japanese version. Whether or not they were in the U.S. version I couldn't tell you, I'm reasonably sure we were the only ones who got the second sphere grid aswell although if the Americans got it, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

We do have a big wait to put up with, but they do generally make a bit of an effort to throw in a couple of extra bells and whistles to make us feel better about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

grimloch wrote:
    We do have a big wait to put up with, but they do generally make a bit of an effort to throw in a couple of extra bells and whistles to make us feel better about it.

Its a shame I'm getting rid of my ps2. I figure either wait for the ps3 or hopefully the dudes doing the fantastic work on the PCSX2 emulator will have made it good enough to play FFXIII. I can nearly play FFX on it at full speed. There's still a couple of glitches in it though.

grimloch wrote:

Actually we never get any extras that the americans don't get. The version we got is exactly the same as the American version in terms of extras. The long wait is absolutely ridiculous for Europe since they do absolutely no PAL optimisation. In fact there is a tool on the internet that converts a NTSC iso to PAL output for free and does it better than any Squaresoft conversion. If we do get any extras then it's dirty big black borders and a game that runs 16.7% slower.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Actually we never get any extras that the americans don't get. The version we got is exactly the same as the American version in terms of extras.

I think you're mistaken. I did a bit of googling and to the best of my knowledge, neither the Japanese or the Americans got the Dark aeons. Take a look at a few FAQs that have American authors, there's no mention of the Dark Aeons in them.

• Advertisement

Yep you're right. However I'd have preferred if they took their time to do a PAL conversion of the original game and not give us a version of the game that is slightly ruined by the dark aeons stopping you from doing most of the sidequests. Usually the international edition of FF games is released in America and Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

Seen the Opening..?

It's really good. Although slightly different from what I expected..
    I don't want to spoil.. But watch the opening on youtube if you can't wait for it to be released!!

Advertisement