Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line delay? (4 months and counting..)

Options
  • 04-07-2006 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a phone line installed?

Story goes: Hazelhatch Road in Celbridge - new development and phone line ordered over 4 months ago, keep getting the run around by eircom saying that forecast date for completion is x amount of weeks then they keep pushing it out!! (pushed out 3 times so far).... They say there is no lines in place yet as its a new development - ok but I can't accept that as I am in phase 2 and surely people in the first phase have a land line as they are built nearly a year ago!!

Is anyone else living in this area and having the same problems as me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

I was in the same position until a few months ago.
    Waiting for months and being fobbed of by Eircon with crappy excuses.
    I ended up contacting ComReg to complain and was told to follow this procedure:

- Contact Eircon customer support and insist that you want to make an official complaint.
    - They will have to take the case details and issue you with a complaint number.
    - They have then got 10 days to act on this complaint. If they fail to resolve it you can contact ComReg and escalate it. Make sure to tell them that you WILL do so.

I did exactly as described and had my phoneline installed within 9 days....

E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yoman

Thanks mayhem#, I rang their complaint line and was told somebody would contact me with an update (not the first or second time I have heard that!!)

Anyway hope this sorts it.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone around the area has smiliar probs as it would build a nice case if I had to go to Comreg with this, at least I could say I know of x number of people all waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Apparently this happened somewhere else down the country, what is happening is that exchanges are at capcity and so they cannot add any more lines until the exchange is either upgraded, new modules added to cope with extra users, or else build a new mini-exchange to cope with the new business.

The interesting thing is how Eircom as a private company, for all their faults, now have to fund infrastructure investment out of their own pocket, whereas developers are now supposed to contribute to developing roads, drainage etc. Considering that they still have a universal obligation then this should be contributed to in the case of large developments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yoman

Thanks shoegirl, do you know if this is the same issue with the Hazelhatch road in Celbridge, because if it is it would be nice to hear it from Eircom instead of giving me the run around!! A straight honest answer as to why the 4 month delay is all I want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

shoegirl wrote:

The interesting thing is how Eircom as a private company, for all their faults, now have to fund infrastructure investment out of their own pocket, whereas developers are now supposed to contribute to developing roads, drainage etc. Considering that they still have a universal obligation then this should be contributed to in the case of large developments?

yes, but when they were privatised this was a known cost, they can't turn around now and say they don't want to do it (not that you were suggesting that they were going to do this!)

think they also get some benefit as a result of the universal service obligation, but can't remember what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

pfft 4 months...sure thats nothing... :rolleyes:

http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9724025.html
    The Irish Examiner reports that residents who moved into a new luxury housing estate in Waterfall, County Cork over a year ago are still waiting for their Eircom phone lines. A spokesperson for Eircom said that the Waterfall case is an "unusual" one and said it would be September before the phone line situation was resolved.

:)

Advertisement