Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Double Glazing Unit

• 04-07-2006 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all
    Ive a broken upvc window. To buy the double glazed unit is €100, to have it fitted €200. And thats the best quote I got.:eek:
    Am not sure about giving it a go, tried getting the plastic tabs that hold it in place off and they are stuck solid. Levering them cracks the glass worse. I ran a blade down the inside aswell to no avail. Howd you get them off?!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

awishawash wrote:
    Hi all
    Ive a broken upvc window. To buy the double glazed unit is €100, to have it fitted €200. And thats the best quote I got.:eek:
    Am not sure about giving it a go, tried getting the plastic tabs that hold it in place off and they are stuck solid. Levering them cracks the glass worse. I ran a blade down the inside aswell to no avail. Howd you get them off?!

I assume you have a rubber gasket inside , and a plastic bead on the outside.

Its a fairly simple job to change it, if you pm me, I,ll explain the process to you, it might tale a few minutes explanation.

kadman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

don't want to post a 'how to break and enter' instruction set ?:p

kadman is right - it is relatively straight forward but will need a little explaination - you should have no problem doing it your self.

Advertisement