Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

copying Cookies from one pc xp to a new pc (xp

• 04-07-2006 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

apparently copying them across by cutting and pasting does not work ?
    anyone ever tried / done this before .
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

it does work, but why on earth would you want to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

someone else copied the temp internet files over, and it didnt work.
    I just did it myself and have had no complaints yet........................

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I use Mozilla nd it quite easily imported cookies, passwords and other settings one machine to the other.

looks like it didnt work they way we wanted it too, trying to save having to ring to get passwords reset and the like and sites remembering login names etc , but alas no luck
    for some reason the import /export option is not there either , stranger and stranger..

anyone copy cookies before? if so did the internet site/ pc remember the password and logins ?
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

spurious wrote:
    I use Mozilla nd it quite easily imported cookies, passwords and other settings one machine to the other.
    in FireFox - tools - options - privacy - passwords - view saved passwords

nor does import /export in ie.
    it should work, darn tooting.

Advertisement