Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Cleaner

Options
  • 04-07-2006 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

anyone ever used any of this.... my car is misfiring and have been reading on different forums that this might help... its either this or maybe the spark plugs.... it runs perfect at high RPM and in first 8/10 its fine... occasionally starting at lights she bunny hops but keeping foot on gas she starts to go.... it misfires at low rpm in second and third fine in 4th.... its a citreon AX 93 (self proclaimed banger but i am happy for the time being)

i had the head casket re-done a couple of weeks ago and has been like this since????????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭jamescrombie

anyone...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have used them a few times but never found any real difference to be honest!!
    If you got the Head redone and its been like that since then something has to be reset i think, throttle bodies but I am open to correction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

May need a new fuel filter, pretty cheap to get done!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I would make sure that the car is working fine before using these 'symptom removers'. Check fuel filter, spark plugs, dizzy cap & rotor arm, HT leads, etc.
    Also go back to the mechanic who did the head and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Saw this STP pack in Halfords the other week so thought I'd give it a go. The car had been a little jittery while idling and starts were a little stiff but since using it once everything has been perfect. The pack contained a bottle of Injector Cleaner and the other bottle was Power Booster. I thought it might have been my imagination at first but there has been no jitters or dodgy starts 2 additive free tanks later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

sounds good.. was it expensive?

Can you post the name of it?

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

It was about €13 and I think it was called STP Powerpack, there's a black bottle(injector cleaner) and an orange bottle (Power Booster).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah the "Pass the NCT Emissions Test" package wheeze..!

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

most of these products give temporary relief from symptoms which are caused by some other factor which if you love your car should be treated properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭jamescrombie

Of course i love my 13 year old Citreon AX

• Advertisement
Advertisement