Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendation for a good board to overclock an 805

Options
  • 04-07-2006 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any opinions on which motherboard is best to overclock an 805, i'd love to wait for a conroe compatible board but im not very patient

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I had heard that the Asus P5ND2-SLI was a good one so used it in a friends build. Unfortunately it has absolutely brutal voltage droop (Up to .12volt fluctuation between load and idle) so It's not the best for overclocking.

I think just about any board will do you as long as it has stable voltage and RAM dividers.

You don't need the traditional "good overclocker" type motherboard which can go to a ridiculously high FSB, because the standards FSB of 200 will see the d805 hit 4GHz on the dot.

Make sure you get some serious cooling though, as well as a case with A LOT of airflow. I've been tinkering with this PC for a week and I still can't believe how much heat it puts out...

Have a Scythe Ninja on it, with one fan pushing air thru it and the case's rear exhaust pulling air off it. 45 Degree load temperature at 3.3 GHz and stock voltage. Pretty good temps, but you should feel the gush of warm air out the back of the PC :o

Advertisement