Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick poll on property

Options
  • 04-07-2006 12:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

howdie peeps,

mod for prop / accom doesnt seem to be about so i'm just gonna post here for two secs , i'd be interested in getting yer views on this poll to help judge consumer sentiment on the property market

thanks

for those who dont know:

bearish is someone who doesn't belive prices will continue to rise and will fall slightly (possibly alot)

bullish is someone who belives prices are going to continue going up ,up , up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Bulls? Bears?

Where's the option for monkeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

No idea what bullish or bearish means????? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Bullish means having an opinion that prices will rise, bearish means having an opinion prices will fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Thanks.

Where's the option for own a property but haven't a clue about prices!!!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

In the equity markets, bears (weak, negative) are associated with declining markets, and bulls (strong, positive) with rising markets. Probably the same for real estate property markets...

There has been a lot of recent talk about a coming bear market in real estate (See The Economist magazine for one source). They were suggesting that property was overvalued and that the "bubble might burst" and prices fall suddenly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

exactly blue lagoon , hence why i think it will be interesting to see as large a proportion of people on boards as possible vote in this poll to get an idea of how founded the claims of a potential calming / decline in property actually is

quick bump

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

its all bull dudes.

Sorry bad joke. OP your poll is flawed in that it doesnt specify how many years you are asking people to speculate on.

i pretty much (and assume others are assuming) that i'm talking about the market in the present tence

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

They were suggesting that property was overvalued and that the "bubble might burst" and prices fall suddenly.

suggesting would be an understatement.they are definitely overvalued but if peepz keep paying for them then theyl keep goin up in the short term anyhow. i feel that if over the next year or year and a half if the interest rates rise by more than say 1 to 1.5 then peepz may panic and prices may fall a small bit or else they just wont be able to afford them.
    crazy at the moment though. i was looking 18mnths avg house for me 200-230k. bought 12 months ago avg house 230-280 and now buddy of mine buying and avg house > 320k. more or less same houses. abs crazy no justification, no external factors increasing the price and interest rates goin up. realistically this cannot be sustained imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Me thinks a lot of people are living on borrowed money and so its only a matter of time before it all goes pear shaped

Advertisement