Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Forum under Recreation?

Options
  • 04-07-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe its just me but I dont think the Paranormal Forum should be under Recreation. I'd suggest it goes into the same cathegory as Religion & Spirituality.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If that's the case then it should be merged with the spirituality forum imo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you're funny 6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You know, I would kind of expect that if anything like this is going to happen, myself and T4TF are going to be consulted.

So it always amuses me when users from the paranormal forum go posting on feedback with wild ideas like this without mentioning it to me.

If you had mentioned it to me, I would have told you that I don't see a reason for it and I would be against it if the admins asked me.

I seem to remember admins suggesting that paranormal was becoming more trouble that it was worth with spammy threads on feedback every few days. I'm beginning to agree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Phew.. for a moment there I thought it was going to be suggested that it gets moved to the 'Sci' category.

Oh.. and Games should be under Arts!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Beruthiel wrote:
    you're funny 6th
    Quoted for truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hey I'm just using the Feedback forum in the way its intended. It was a "suggestion" about a forum ... i dont think that is spammy.

If people dont see a reason for it that fine, was just my opinion.

monkeyfudge ... where should the monkey forum be when it inevitably arrives?

Beruthiel wrote:
    you're funny 6th

Thanks you I'm here all week ... make sure you tell your friends ;)

T-Shirts available at the door, "mugs" available in teh Skeptics Forum (joke) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yea you're right 6th... not spammy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

6th wrote:
    monkeyfudge ... where should the monkey forum be when it inevitably arrives?
    Under a newly created 'Simian' category.

(Let the spam commence)

ok I give up, just made a suggestion and all sorts of crazy sh*t comes out.

bye

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

But wait...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

We haven't finish slagging you yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

6th wrote:
    ok I give up, just made a suggestion and all sorts of crazy sh*t comes out.

bye
    Proper channels, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

But wait...

....there's more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Personally, I've always thought it should be under Soc.

I don't think it's amiss for someone to suggest a change here. I do think that if the admins (or more likely Cloud in particular, since the informal distribution of responsibility the admins have has forum categorisation as part of his brief) acted on it, it should be after consultation with the mods, but that bridge is far from passed yet.

Talliesin wrote:
    Personally, I've always thought it should be under Soc.

I don't think it's amiss for someone to suggest a change here. I do think that if the admins (or more likely Cloud in particular, since the informal distribution of responsibility the admins have has forum categorisation as part of his brief) acted on it, it should be after consultation with the mods, but that bridge is far from passed yet.

Ok that post brought me back and confirmed that i'm not crazy (in this respect anyway)

Now back to slagging me off ... i went to see Phil Collins at the Point Years ago?

Proper channels, tbh.

I gave Feedback in the Feedback forum .... (what is it with this guy?!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Is there really any need for a Paranormal forum?

Most of the stuff is already covered in the Audio-video editing, Creative writing and humour forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

we need a god channel tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Gordon wrote:
    If that's the case then it should be merged with the spirituality forum imo.
    NO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

How about putting it under "Racket Sports"?
    Cross my palm with silver, now there's a racket for you.;) :D

/edit - Stupidity filter was off there for a minute.

/edit - No I was right first time. I think it should be "Raquet Sports"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

we need a god channel tbh.

Dana for mod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

pH wrote:

Most of the stuff is already covered in the Audio-video editing, Creative writing and humour forums.

Have you ever been to the paranormal forum? Next you'll be saying we don't need a PI forum because that's already covered by the humour forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

sjones wrote:
    Have you ever been to the paranormal forum? Next you'll be saying we don't need a PI forum because that's already covered by the humour forum.
    In fairness, not everything that goes into PI is actually funny, there can be some pretty tragic stuff posted.

Now that you mention it, it is quite like the Humour forum...
    6th wrote:
    I gave Feedback in the Feedback forum .... (what is it with this guy?!?)
    And you could have gone to the mods first if you had a suggestion about the forum .... (guys are all dicks!!!)
    ph wrote:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Hagar wrote:
    How about putting it under "Racket Sports"?
    Cross my palm with silver, now there's a racket for you.;) :D

/edit - Stupidity filter was off there for a minute.

/edit - No I was right first time. I think it should be "Raquet Sports"
    I think you should start running now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

sjones wrote:
    Next you'll be saying we don't need a PI forum because that's already covered by the humour forum.

Already covered by Dr. Demento.

Its ok was just talking to Elvis on the Ouija board and he says its fine where it is ...... but that the proposed Monkey Forum should be a sub-forum in Sex&Sexuality?

6th wrote:
    Its ok was just talking to Elvis on the Ouija board and he says its fine where it is ...... but that the proposed Monkey Forum should be a sub-forum in Sex&Sexuality?
    How in God's name did you get someone to agree to marry you?

Amz wrote:
    How in God's name did you get someone to agree to marry you?

My great sense of humour, charm ..... and if you want to know what else you'll have to go to the Sex& Sexuality Forum ;)

Seriously though, I hypnotised her.

• Advertisement

6th wrote:
    My great sense of humour, charm ..... and if you want to know what else you'll have to go to the Sex& Sexuality Forum ;)
    I was under the impression you used all of those as forms of contraception.

Advertisement