Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo

Options
  • 04-07-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

97 Ford Mondeo. When i go and start the car its fine, but after 2 or 3 second's it cut's out. Try it again and the same thing happen's. About the third or fourth attempt it will start to idle(but very,very bad) The minute i touch the accelerator it cut's out. Any idea's what could be the cause?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Anybody have a clue, before i have to bring it to the garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

airflow sensor?

Thanks Colm. Is that the sensor connected to the air filter housing? If so, how difficult is it to replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not too difficult to replace. you have to buy it first though, and it mightn't even be faulty. could be dirty air filter or loose ducting, even ECU problems. I reckon it's be worth your while going to a garage

Thanks again for your time. I'll have another look at it tomorrow,and if no joy then garage it is. Ta.

• Advertisement
Advertisement