Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Video Calling When ?

• 04-07-2006 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

I have e-mailed O2 in regards to this and as yet have not got a reply or date.

Anyone with insider info on when this will kick off.

I know 3G is live but only for Data

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well its preety much easy to say now that the whole i-mode was a waste of time
    they should hurry up and get their 3G service up and running

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's no confirmed date at all

Believe me we'd like it as soon as possible. Although aparently theres no money in it in Ireland

I mode is not being abandoned, I mode can actually function over 3 g. There are 3g imode handsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

As far as I heard, higher ups in O2 don't see the point in it as it is really just a fad. Voice calls are just more convenient and accessible. I personally would prefer to invest in proper internet speeds at a low cost than video calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

chrislad wrote:
    As far as I heard, higher ups in O2 don't see the point in it as it is really just a fad. Voice calls are just more convenient and accessible. I personally would prefer to invest in proper internet speeds at a low cost than video calls.

I don't know if thats the line from the higher up's in O2, but yeah it does make sense; think about it would you really be bothered makign a video call, I generally am doing something else when making a call and have better things to do than stand infront of my phone when making a call.

As for i-mode, I used it on two different phones and found it to be quite good. From the horses mouth, I heard that i-mode has actually taken off better than was origionally expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Is video calling not just a thing that comes with the 3G network anyway??? Mobile Tv etc... uses the same technology so its not just video calling that would be affected if they didnt decide to roll out full 3g services!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They have the capability to do video calling. They just haven't enabled it.

chrislad wrote:
    They have the capability to do video calling. They just haven't enabled it.

Thats what I thought so why dont they flick on the bloody switch!!!!:D :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

All the word "3g" means is upload speeds of 58 k and download of up to 384k.

People are mixing up an application of the technology with the technology itself.

I got a 3g O2 phone, the imode is blisteringly fast on it which actually makes it quite usable.

However as an ugly git I'd never use video calling :)

I dont think o2 is going to bother using 3g for mobile television. The newer technology escapes me but there is one coming which wont use the 3g signal.

When I called O2 they said it would be simliar to the O2 UK active which has MTV etc....

Advertisement