Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which? Child Carseat report 2006

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Nice info, Deb - Thanks for that.

We have a Britax Duo (VW Branded) but our other seat isn't even mentioned:eek:

I'll have to do a bit of research into that...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

CrosstownK the seats mentioned in the report would be the top for THIS year. There are others that are equally safe on 2004 and 2005 reports that aren't mentioned this year simply because there are sooooooooo many on the market now!

I'll see if I can dig them up, they're no longer on the NSC site!

Deb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

This is very good thanks! I need to buy a new seat anyway, so the scores are helpful. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have a Klippan seat for the last 5yrs..excellent seat

• Advertisement

I've used all sorts of cars with the seat that I have (an Iseos - I think). I hate the seat - the buckle has sharp edges that have torn DDs cloths on two occassions and, personally, I think it dangerous. Our other seat is a VW ISOFIX made Britax and, tbh, it's brilliant in every way. It tilts and has an adjustable headrest. The ISOFIX is so easy to remove/refit. If anyone is considering a new baby seat then ISOFIX is the way forward assuming your car has the anchor points.

My two cents............

I have the Renault branded Britax Duoplus Isofix(though it is available with a different seat cover in all major nursery stores) and couldn't recommend it more either! I'm a bit of a car safety freak(can't ya tell:o ) and wouldn't have anything but Isofix for peace of mind! We have the Jane Indyplus Isofix booster too for DS and it's fantastic. AFAIK it's the only Isofix booster on the market at the moment!

Deb

Debracd wrote:
    and wouldn't have anything but Isofix for peace of mind!

Deb
    I couldn't agree more. I got a non ISOFIX seat as untill yesterday I used to have a different car every week so I couldn't be guaranteed an ISOFIX anchor point in every car. I bought the seat 2 years ago when ISOFIX wasn't as commonplace as it is now.

Now I've been assignde a permanent car (Opel Zafira:rolleyes: - I'd no choice in the matter, btw) so I'll soon be getting an ISOFIX for it. They are so much more solidly mounted vs a seatbelt.

Advertisement