Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPARKS free threads-you decide

Options
  • 04-07-2006 1:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭

For the background to this thread please see the NRARI announcement thread. I believe that we would get more viewers and posters on this forum if SPARKS was not allowed to post on certain threads, This would start with the NRARI announcement one . As an example of democracy in action. please take part in this poll.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Very mature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

Leupold wrote:
    For the background to this thread please see the NRARI announcement thread. I believe that we would get more viewers and posters on this forum if SPARKS was not allowed to post on certain threads, This would start with the NRARI announcement one . As an example of democracy in action. please take part in this poll.

Please remove this thread and Kick/Ban him for lets say 10 year cos atm he is going on like a 8 year old!

As people know me and Sparks dont see eye to eye on everything but he dose make some nice points and i think the boards would be a bit dead if not for him!

Now this dont mean i like him!

But i like his work sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

This a joke,

Just because someone puts forward a civil and well put arguement against you, you want him to stop participating. I'm sure the ministers use that defense all the time in the dail

as DDLR said you don't have to see eye to eye with a person to respect their arguement

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'd post in my defence, but I'm finding it hard to refrain from laughing my head off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

leupold should not be baned for this it is a reasnable question to ask if a mod is doing a good job,,,democracy

BTW i couldent care less what sparks posts in ,no offence

• Advertisement

maglite wrote:
    leupold should not be baned for this it is a reasnable question to ask if a mod is doing a good job,,,democracy

BTW i couldent care less what sparks posts in ,no offence

this isn't the forum for it though, there is a specific feedback forum to complain and ask if a mod has unfairly treated a user.

You wouldn't be too happy if I started a thread 'Should maglite be banned"

Oh and Leupold could have actually made it a poll with yes/no options if he wanted. at least then we'd see stats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Leupold wasn't banned for this thread (note it is still up and running). The ban is for spamming the same thread over and over, which is against the rules.

Edit to add: Leupold has clarified this was unintentional, so the ban is lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I can't say i agree with how Sparks does his thing but he does air valid arguments from time to time, at any rate he is not the only contributor of guff on the threads which he particpates in.
    but the man is entitled to speak his mind as much as the rest of us. it will be a bad day when we turn down that road.:eek:

Hezz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

Hezz700 wrote:
    I can't say i agree with how Sparks does his thing but he does air valid arguments from time to time, at any rate he is not the only contributor of guff on the threads which he particpates in.
    but the man is entitled to speak his mind as much as the rest of us. it will be a bad day when we turn down that road.:eek:

Hezz.
    The issue is not that of expressing an opinion, the issue is the volume of opinions being expressed, the negative and critical tone being used and whether or not these opinions add any value to the debate or, more importantly, whether they achieve any positive effect on the issues being debated.

So I can talk, but only if I do so in small amounts, don't disagree, and take my lead from my betters? :D:D:D
    Leupold, you're killing me here :D

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote:
    So I can talk, but only if I do so in small amounts, don't disagree, and take my lead from my betters? :D:D:D
    Leupold, you're killing me here :D
    Well maybe I would not go that far, but you have understood the general idea. Try a few positive, supportive posts. You might get to like it.

Leupold wrote:
    Well maybe I would not go that far, but you have understood the general idea. Try a few positive, supportive posts. You might get to like it.

Ban this fool!!

Try reading more of what I post. You might like it too.

DDLR wrote:
    Ban this fool!!
    If I banned everyone who posted a condescending, patronising, foolish comment DDLR, we'd all eventually wind up banned, me included! :D

I understand that man! Hell id be banned along time ago :) But he is gone beond the mark "no pun intended"

He made a stupid threat then made another one within two mins! GG

What kind of shooting do you do DDLR?

Leupold wrote:
    What kind of shooting do you do DDLR?

Why ?

You mean you are not a shooter?

Leupold wrote:
    You mean you are not a shooter?

Whats it to you?

Friendly chap aren't you.You do not normally seem reticent to share your views with people, why are you so nervous now?

• Advertisement

Leupold wrote:
    Friendly chap aren't you.You do not normally seem reticent to share your views with people, why are you so nervous now?

Dude if you read any of my post you would know what i shoot! and i dont see why what i shoot matters !! My view is my view simply as!

Now il ask again, Whats it to you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Leave Sparks post when on what and where he wants to.I dont agree with everything he says either,but I respect his right to an opinion and to post like anyone else here.

DDLR wrote:
    Dude if you read any of my post you would know what i shoot! and i dont see why what i shoot matters !! My view is my view simply as!

Now il ask again, Whats it to you,
    It is nice to understand the viewpoints of other posters. It helps if you know what interests them. It behoves us all to understand what we can in order to frame any arguments we may make in terms which other posters may empathise with.

Leupold wrote:
    It is nice to understand the viewpoints of other posters. It helps if you know what interests them. It behoves us all to understand what we can in order to frame any arguments we may make in terms which other posters may empathise with.

Far enought, But to be honest you didnt get off on a good start! you came across like a prat to me! Prove me wrong and il say sorry and be more then happy to answer any questions!

DDLR wrote:
    Far enought, But to be honest you didnt get off on a good start! you came across like a prat to me! Prove me wrong and il say sorry and be more then happy to answer any questions!

best sig ever there DD

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Leupold wrote:

Somethin' smells funny, check your shoes folks, I think somebody walked in with dog sh1t on their soles.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Leave Sparks post when on what and where he wants to.I dont agree with everything he says either,but I respect his right to an opinion and to post like anyone else here.

Ditto !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 slugster

AH Lads , I thought we have Wives and Girlfriends for this kind of B_S.

macnas wrote:
    Somethin' smells funny, check your shoes folks, I think somebody walked in with dog sh1t on their soles.:D
    My, how perceptive you are.

• Advertisement

DDLR wrote:
    You are right DDLR, I am a prat, but at least I do not brag about how big my weapon is and how much I spent on it.

Advertisement