Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam/result question

Options
  • 04-07-2006 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

If I have a subject saying "NW" as the grade because I didn't attend the practicals..what do I do?? Can I resit it? Or what?

Also for the E/marginal fails ... if you pass 75% of your other subjects in that stage you get a PCM, right? Or not?

And the resit fees..E193 is once off or per exam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Glennifer wrote:
    If I have a subject saying "NW" as the grade because I didn't attend the practicals..what do I do?? Can I resit it? Or what?

Contact the relevant department/lecturer
    Glennifer wrote:
    Also for the E/marginal fails ... if you pass 75% of your other subjects in that stage you get a PCM, right? Or not?

If you passed by compensation it will say so on your results. If you feel you should have passed by compensation but didn't then you should contact the examinations office to find out who to speak to.
    Ph: 716-1555
    Email: examinations@ucd.ie
    Glennifer wrote:
    And the resit fees..E193 is once off or per exam?

It's a once off fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Glennifer wrote:

An NW means
    No work: no work was submitted by the student nor is there any evidence they attended the module. No credit is awarded and a subsequent attempt at that module is treated as a first attempt (see 5.20)

Contact the relevant lecturer, it probably depends on what the practical involves! If they are continuous you will probably have to resit the module, if there is a practical exam you may be able to retake it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Glennifer

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Not doing the practicals? Not the cleverest of ideas. If you fail a written exam at least you get to repeat at Autumn. Failing a practical component means you have to repeat that module next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I got an NW in my results too, but it was a mistake because it was 100% in the exam and so I went in to the department and sorted it out.

Turned out they lost track of my result in that paper but it was resolved in the end!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement