Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Punto Release Bearing

Options
  • 04-07-2006 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My brother has a problem with his 00 Punto. The release bearing is going which means the clutch will go eventually, but how long will the bearing last??? I know its not a good idea to just replace the bearing. The whole clutch will have to be replaced.
    This is a common problem with puntos I hear, but he is livid cos I have a 98 punto and have never had any major probs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I wouldn't keep driving it too long. You could end destroy the fingers in the clutch. The bearings are deliberately designed with a shorter life than the plate so you don't end up stranded with no drive. It should be a cheap enough to get done, I got the clutch on a bravo done for €350 including an oil and filter change done at a main dealer a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Thanks for that. I might tell him to hand it in soon so, I'm off on hols so he can transfer insurance and use mine while Im away. Which will be good for me cos he can drive us to the airport :D

Advertisement