Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

passport protective cover?

Options
  • 04-07-2006 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

where would one get get a protective plastic cover for a passport?? mine got a bit o damage and i am off on holis soon and what to be all protective of my indentity!

Comments

How soon is soon and where do you plan on going?

I don't think alot of countries will accept a damaged passport.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

There's a Shop in Nassau St, Dublin. I can't remember the name but they sell lots of souvenirs/flags/leprechauns etc. They have them downstairs. If you want to splash out get a leather one upstairs in the Stephen's Green centre, again a souvenir shop. They have gold coloured metal corners and take a lot of abuse. I got a green one, but they are available in black and wine as well AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check wherever they sell wallets and purses. I think I've seen passport covers in one such shop in Eyre Sq shopping centre.

Or a piece of duct tape?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

How soon is soon and where do you plan on going?

I don't think alot of countries will accept a damaged passport.. ?

i am heading on the 13th of july and off to france....any ideas? its only recently got water damaged! I am half thinking of heading to dublin and going to the passport office I think a garda told me before your looking at 2 working days if they process it from the office as opposed to post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They will do an emergency passport while you wait but it is costly, you will need to bring proof of travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

sinus wrote:
    where would one get get a protective plastic cover for a passport?? mine got a bit o damage and i am off on holis soon and what to be all protective of my indentity!
    i bought a passport wallet in tags on rosemary avenue(between supermacs and roches) for 9 quid it will do the job for me

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

sinus wrote:
    i am heading on the 13th of july and off to france....any ideas? its only recently got water damaged! I am half thinking of heading to dublin and going to the passport office I think a garda told me before your looking at 2 working days if they process it from the office as opposed to post
    Better ring them first to check, then you can go up or DHL it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hagar wrote:
    They will do an emergency passport while you wait but it is costly, you will need to bring proof of travel.

It costs €60 extra and AFAIK will only be done while you wait if you intend to travel that day or the following day. Evidence of travel is obviously required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 stingy

a few weeks ago, the pound shop across fron hairy legs had passport covers for 2quid!!!! :D

Advertisement