Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test forum

Options
  • 04-07-2006 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Why is the test forum gone? Surely it has the wonderful function of stopping AH becoming filled with random experiments?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The system list looks much shorter, but I can't remember what should be there.

/edit just read that Cloud is working on the menus. No panic required.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=361 still there, and I can see it on the drop down. Cloud is playing with some of the menu structure though which might explain some random events

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Fixed.

I've made the menu a bit more flexible - it displays any forums that either have no permission restrictions or that allow registered users read access:

(forumpermission.forumid IS NULL OR (usergroupid = 2 AND forumpermissions & 1))

Before now we had a big list of blocked forum IDs - nasty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Do you think there might be any chance of applying the same thing to the front page, so that forums people cannot generally see (such as many of the Trial forums, for example) are only shown to people logged in and with permission?

Or would there be any call for that at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I cannot find Dr. D. :(

Tbh, I liked all my private forums in one area.

• Advertisement

You better use the Subbed menu then...

Cloud wrote:
    You better use the Subbed menu then...

Ah, long time vB user and I never knew it worked out like that.

Cheers cloudie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I can't see Spell Czechs in the list under Hosted->Society->? Is that meant to be the case?
    Haven't checked for other private fora yet.

Possibly try Hosted->Recreation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Myth wrote:
    Possibly try Hosted->Recreation.
    You misunderstand, I know where it is supposed to be, it just doesn't appear in the list. I am asking is it that meant to be the case and if so, how does one navigate to private fora easily?
    Maybe he is still messing around with the lists.

• Advertisement

You misunderstand, I know where it is supposed to be, it just doesn't appear in the list. I am asking is it that meant to be the case and if so, how does one navigate to private fora easily?
    Maybe he is still messing around with the lists.

Have you tried clicking the forum in your postbit?

<

Follow the trail back from the top. :)

Sparky-s wrote:
    Ah, long time vB user and I never knew it worked out like that.

Cheers cloudie.

No need to be sarky!

I've added Private filter to the main page. Enjoy...

The front page filters are working fine for me. Nice work.

Could you please check the status of "Euro Sat"?
    It seems to be coming up under "Private" rather than "Hosted".
    Thank You.

Do you mean on the Filters? Could be just no newer posts than the other Hosted forums... The permissions are set to default for EuroSat.

Edit: Oh, and if there are access masks set for a previously Private forum, that could explain it. I'm sure I can clear those somehow...

The drop down in Hosted is correct. Sorry about that, I think your right about the posts, it may just be that there are no newer recent posts.
    Thanks again.

I must say very impressive work with minimum disruption.

Sparky-s wrote:
    Have you tried clicking the forum in your postbit?

<

Follow the trail back from the top. :)
    That's how I get there and knew it was in society.
    that's the only way I can get there it seems?
    Is it in the hosted list for other people?

Private forums never appeared in the Hosted -> Private category, it's just that they've moved to places like Games for the clan ones, Recreation for the "social clubs", and Society for things to do with languages etc.

When you click on Hosted, you'll see any Private forums you have access to there... Else, use the filter as mentioned on the main page...

Cloud wrote:
    No need to be sarky!

I've added Private filter to the main page. Enjoy...

No I wasn't being sarky. I seriously didn't know it showed the actual forums as a list:o

Advertisement