Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get one?

Options
  • 04-07-2006 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a mini Dachshund or a king charles spaniel. I live in Co.Roscommon and I'm not too well up on the whole dog scene, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a good breeder that has any of the above puppies for sale?

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

I got my cav through Cavalier Rescue

http://rescue.cavaliertalk.com/rescue/home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

btw ...they would also need a well fenced in yard ...just the same as beagles ...or any other dog, for that matter
    ;)

Another word of advice ...if it ABSOLUTELY has to be a pedigree dog ...and especially one of the above breeds ...take very good care in choosing your breeder.
    Both breeds are highly fashionable, inviting all sorts of clueless and/or unscrupulous people to "breed" them. Both breeds have quite a list of health issues ...you might buy a "money pit" that brakes your heart and buys a Merc for your vet. So do your research well and don't rush into things. DO NOT buy on impulse.

Also, as this is your first dog, raising a puppy isn't as easy as people make it sound. A few of the typical beginners mistakes and you might end up with a right terror of a dog.
    Give some consideration to maybe getting a slightly older dog, whose character and behaviour can be assessed and matched to your circumstances.
    Most good rescues would only be too happy to assist with advice and help you with your selection.

Advertisement