Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do barbers have a blade 1/2??

• 04-07-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

Might seem like a silly question but I have been doing my own hair for the past three years (blade 1 - 3mm) so haven't been to a barber since! Do most of them have a blade 1/2 or is there such a thing?

Also, anyone know of a good hair clippers set I could buy that has an attachement thingy of less than 3mm?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

As far as I know, the clippers without any attachments is 1/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Is that what it is?? I thought that was a blade 0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Clippers without a blade are blade 0. BUT, they have an adjustment lever to allow them to extend to 1/2.

ned78 wrote:
    Clippers without a blade are blade 0. BUT, they have an adjustment lever to allow them to extend to 1/2.

Ah so a blade 1/2 is with the lever thingy on the side in one position and a blade 0 is it in the other (shorter) position. Is it hard to cut your hair with out the blade/comb thingy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Easier tbh, I used to do it all the time, fast as hell and no worrying about getting the length right, just shave the lot off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

There is a 1/2 blade, House of Grafton in Galway have them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yes, all barbers have blades 1 (1-3mm) and 2 (5-7mm).
    So if you want a 1 around the back and sides and a 2 on top but don't want a step (remember those :rolleyes:) then ask for a "1 on the back and sides graduating to a 2 on top"

r3nu4l wrote:
    Yes, all barbers have blades 1 (1-3mm) and 2 (5-7mm).
    So if you want a 1 around the back and sides and a 2 on top but don't want a step (remember those :rolleyes:) then ask for a "1 on the back and sides graduating to a 2 on top"

Thanks but it is a blade 1/2 (0.5, "one divided by 2"!!!) that I was talking about, not a blade 2 blended into a blade 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ahh, understanding dawns as the clouds part and the sun shines through :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RYR154

Yes there is a 1/5 (0.5) cut you can get. Just ask for a half blade cut.

If you are doing it yourself and you want to keep it longer on top I would think again. For this i would go to a professional.

0, 0.5 and 1 is the hardest cut to graduate (blend in).

Trust me, you will end up with a line around your head.

0 and 0.5 cuts are usually kept low on the head to allow for blending a bigger area.

Alan
    Hairways Barber Shop, Dublin 5
    www.hairways.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement