Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes selling PSP's for €179

• 04-07-2006 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

anyone else heard of this? i got a text from a friend who spotted them in cork. he knew i was looking to get one so thats why he text.

i hope they still have them and that the firmware is less than 2.6 which i imagine it is.

i think its a standard pack but fingers crossed that its a giga pack but its not all bad if its not

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

If its the giga pack, its a bloody bargain! Doubt it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I think theres a 2.6 downgrader available now anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

i think i seen an advert for this in the irish independent or the star or some low key rag like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

it was actually €149 got it last night. its running 2.6 firmware which is pretty cool so i can use the downgrader

it was the base package so i have to get all the accessories but ebay its pretty impressive for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

blocparty wrote:
    it was actually €149 got it last night. its running 2.6 firmware which is pretty cool so i can use the downgrader

it was the base package so i have to get all the accessories but ebay its pretty impressive for that!
    The downgrader doesent work with a factory 2.5 or 2.6 psp . In order for it to work , you must have upgraded from 2.01 (or lower) to 2.5 or 2.6.

• Advertisement

ya can you please tell me if you can or can not downgrade a factory 2.6? ive been told you can by 6 people and that you cant by 3! and that the only thing that stands in the way of downgrading a 2.6 is the mother board. and i dont have a ta82 i have a ta81

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

blocparty wrote:
    ya can you please tell me if you can or can not downgrade a factory 2.6? ive been told you can by 6 people and that you cant by 3! and that the only thing that stands in the way of downgrading a 2.6 is the mother board. and i dont have a ta82 i have a ta81
    The place where i downloaded the downgrader said that factory 2.5 and 2.6 can not be downgraded . Although i have heard of a very few people who have got theres downgraded.I wouldnt risk it as it says it can brick your psp , but its up to you. :rolleyes:

ya i downgraded to 1.5 and its the best thing ever! you CAN downgrade factory 2.5 and 2.6 which is what i did! it was really easy to do actually thought it would be harder

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I downgraded my 2.6 OK, which I think was a 2.5 when I bought it. It does not say anything on it though where the TAxx number is supposed to appear.

did you not see the picture thats show you how to know if you have a TA 082 or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

well has anyone actually bought a psp in Dunnes ,are they available still, which pack is it ?

i bought mine for €149 but its actually €179 they made a mistake in the place i bougth mine! i bought mine a week ago and am not sure if they still have them but give them a call and they'd be able to tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Spuddie wrote:
    The downgrader doesent work with a factory 2.5 or 2.6 psp . In order for it to work , you must have upgraded from 2.01 (or lower) to 2.5 or 2.6.

why is that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The new motherboards have any of the older firmwares blacklisted so they can't boot on them. Not sure if its all new PSP's or just some that have it though.

i downgraded my factory 2.6 with no problems what so ever. just check to see which motherboard you have. if you wanna know how pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Is it only a TA-082 if its on the top right corner of the pcb. There is none on mine but i can see some letters/numbers printed on the left just under some metal.

Advertisement