Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frisbees in Cork

• 04-07-2006 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,

Any idea where I can get a good frisbee in Cork?
    Tried everywhere I could think of; sport shops, Smyths etc

Appreciate any help,
    Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Last time I was in Mahons there was some in there. It was a while back, but its worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

Cheers for answering!

Do you mean Mahers? If so, tried both of them with no luck,

No idea where Mahons is though...

Cheers,
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Cheers for answering!

Do you mean Mahers? If so, tried both of them with no luck,

No idea where Mahons is though...

Cheers,
    Tony

I don't know where Mahons is either -unless he means Mahon Point -but I can't think of anywhere there to get one.

But anyway -have you ever used an Aerobie?
    They go much further than a Frisbee. See these...
    www.kiteshop.co.uk/xcart/outdoor-fun/aerobies-and-frisbees/

I have an Aerobie Pro Ring and Aerobie Squidgie.

Amazon.co.uk and play.com and others sell them too, but most UK sites no longer sell "gadgets and toys" to Ireland due (I think) to the stoopid electrical price add-on -which has no bearing on this product anyway I know. :((

-Kevin.

On July 14, 2003 Erin Hemmings of Mendocino, California threw his Aerobie an amazing 1,333 feet.

Never tried one, looks cool though,
    cheers for the link, emailed them to ask about selling & posting to Ireland there,

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Never tried one, looks cool though,
    cheers for the link, emailed them to ask about selling & posting to Ireland there,

Nice one!

I'm in Cork. I got my Aerobie Squidgie from that site a few weeks ago -arrived in a few days. I think postage was around a fiver (uk).
    I've had my 'bigger' Aerobie over 10 years now. It's a bit battered, but still works beautifully. You could easily/accurately throw it across the river Lee if you were a little more daring than me. In fact it'd go a lot further than that too -say, full length of a football pitch, without a bother.
    ...start shorter though -especially if you don't want to lose it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

type ucc ultimate into google and go to their website, if you contact them they'll have plenty for sale and cheaper than any internet prices which would involve postage

Nice one for the suggestions, will give them a try.

Might skip the "over the Lee throw" for the time being, don't fancy getting elbow deep in that if I can avoid it!

Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭RareVintage

The disc you really want is a Discraft 175 gram. Aerobies are great until they fly off into the distance and hide in the top of a tree.
    As I posted in the other thread you can buy them cheaply enough from UK supplier Lookfly:
    -the link is to a page in their shop. I've bought stuff from Lookfly, suppliers of kit and discs to European, UK and Irish clubs. BTW get a copy of the "Above & Beyond" dvd while you're at it and you'll see what can be done with a frisbee!
    http://www.lookfly.com//shop/index.php?cPath=51_72&osCsid=8874ae479054aa011ad51ce2e6787df0
    The discs cost £8 +p&p
    There are no proper discs for sale in shops in Cork.
    UCC (Skultimate) are ordering a new batch of discs soon but these will not be available for some time (I'll post a message when they are).
    I could of course give you an old one for nothing (or a pint) as I have loads. Check the UCC message board for news of a throwaround or a game (maybe in Deer Park, see map on website) in the near future, link below.

Cheers for all the replies,

got one from Skate City in Dublin in the end.
    Thanks for everything
    Tony

Advertisement