Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Catalyst Center 06.6 installation

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 crossya0va

Something really weird just happened. I was screwing around with different versions, and installed version 5.8. After that I went to Windows Update and installed 2 hardware updates for the X800. I rebooted, and now AGP Acceleration is enabled!! A problem I am now having is when I try to open up CCC, I get a CLI Application (Command Line Interface) Error, and it will not open up. How do I solve this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Do you have .NET 1.1 installed as Google seems to say that CLI error message seems to be related to it but how did you install the old Cat 5.8's CCC if that is the case as I thought ATI had a check to make sure .NET was present. Maybe they introduced the check it in more recent drivers.

I have .Net 2.0 installed...I am still using the older drivers though, so is it possible that .Net 2.0 won't work with this? I am a little scared to install 6.6 in fear AGP won't be enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The ATI CCC uses .NET 1.1 not .NET 2.0 but realistically speaking you'll have problems anyway if you cant install more recent drivers as you will run into a scenario where a game requires it or has only been tested against newer versions which can result in visual corruption & various other bugs in game.

Install .NET 1.1 and try the 6.6 drivers anyway for the heck of it just run the 6.6 installer with the 5.8 still installed if it does it's job properly it should automatically uninstall the 5.8 and replace it with the 6.6 release.

eh i tried installing 6.6 after re installing .NET 1.1 and ran into so many BSOD's that i just formated and installed 5.8 with the windows update so i guess ill just have to deal with it untill vista comes outt...thx alot for the help guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement