Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying someones side garden

Options
  • 04-07-2006 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought ur side garden? If so how was it valued, did they just offer u a price or did u get auctioneers out? How much did the legal fees cost you?

I am interested in offering someone money for their large side garden, want to get some info first as want to be prepared for questions etc. Should i offer to pay their legal fees.

Any advise would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Get an agent to value it and buy it subject to planning. You pay all the fees.
    The less hassle for the vendor the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

yeah thats what i was thinking, about the fees i mean. who much would fees be on their part would u say, not including mine??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Try accommodation/property forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I don't see how paying their fees will make any difference one way or the other. The fees could end up being a black hole, and you have no idea at the outset what the circumstances are on the other side (intestacy, adverse possession, rights of way, mortgages, liens, god knows what else. The amount you budget for legal fees is only going to be deducted from the total you pay them.

I hate to be negative, and I know nothing about your circumstances, but I think this will be tricky to do. You would need to know what way the land lies before you put too much effort or expense into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

I hate to be negative, and I know nothing about your circumstances, but I think this will be tricky to do. You would need to know what way the land lies before you put too much effort or expense into it.

Thanks, and yeah i will look into it very carefully. Its just an idea, might not even go ahead with it, but just looking to get different opinions first. Im sure there is a whole heap of stuff i havnt even thought of, but im sure if it goes ahead the solicitor will :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement