Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Newbie Questions

Options
  • 04-07-2006 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Im living in Galway at the Moe and want to get into Surfing. I bought a wetsuit from Ebay and want to invest in a board. I dont really want to spend crazy money yet on a board so im wondering does anyone know where I could get a second hand/cheapish board??

Something similar to the Bic G-Boards would be great (I heard they were a good board to start off with)

And... is Lahinch the nearest place to Galway to get some lessons??

Another thing... Im shocked to discover there isnt a seperate board for Surfing and watersports.... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

celticbhoy wrote:

And... is Lahinch the nearest place to Galway to get some lessons??

QUOTE]

Fanore, about 45 mins from Galway- http://www.surfschool.tv

not sure if they supply boards for lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

celticbhoy wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    Im living in Galway at the Moe and want to get into Surfing. I bought a wetsuit from Ebay and want to invest in a board. I dont really want to spend crazy money yet on a board so im wondering does anyone know where I could get a second hand/cheapish board??
    http://www.irishsurfer.com/buy&sell.php
    Also the Lahinch surf shop has a few second hand boards. Just don't go below 7' 2" and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 seamunkey

howz it goin Celticbhoy,
    Galway man myself and have started the surfing myself within the past year... made stupid mistake of buyin a short board 6'4". Bought a 7'9" start of summer and great improvemnet!! I love goin to lahinch but the drive is a balls, Fanore is nice and handy from Galway but havn't gone for the surf ever! Went once on a mission to meet Dusky the Dolphin : ( no show!!
    Best of luck wit the surfin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

haha dolphins name is "Dusty" neways im from lahinch and got a friend selling a board Bic 7ft 2 great starter board if ur interested,think its about €290-300 is what shes looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 42 seamunkey

Well Juicebox, any crack - sorry DUSTY, ha- well did ya ever have a swim with the jolly fella. I've seen alot of dolphins in Galway bay and around the islands, class act. Ya Surfin much lately (broke me toe couple o weeks ago and not been able to do alot- bummer - as the surf around has been very good!! Headin to Lagos in couple of weeks for two weeks of surf so hope to jaysus me toe holds up ha..
    later Lahinch

• Advertisement
Advertisement