Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for NorthEast Wicklow

• 04-07-2006 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I wonder is anyone currently using regional broadband's service that has been recently made available in Kilmac. If so, how has the service been? There's been no news on the website since early June.

I live in Kilcoole and called Regional a little while ago and they informed me that there has been some delays but that they should be able to offer a service in my area in 3 or 4 weeks.

I remember when I originally was considering buying in kilcoole (over 2 years ago) seeing that eircom had listed it as one of the areas that would be broadband enabled by March 2005...and we still have no low latency broadband option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Yeah hi..
    We are waiting on regional broadband to set up a network in our area.(north kildare) and still waiting.. be interested to see what kind of service they provide in your area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

I wonder is anyone currently using regional broadband's service that has been recently made available in Kilmac. If so, how has the service been? There's been no news on the website since early June.

I live in Kilcoole and called Regional a little while ago and they informed me that there has been some delays but that they should be able to offer a service in my area in 3 or 4 weeks.

I remember when I originally was considering buying in kilcoole (over 2 years ago) seeing that eircom had listed it as one of the areas that would be broadband enabled by March 2005...and we still have no low latency broadband option.

Im in kilcoole, its been changed over to Newtown exchange, bash your number in the eircomsite. ive bb btw and im in beachdale

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Blitz wrote:
    Im in kilcoole, its been changed over to Newtown exchange, bash your number in the eircomsite. ive bb btw and im in beachdale

only south kilcoole is on the newtown exchange most of it is on the greystones exchange :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭goldilocked

Yea, I'm on the greystones exchange. Often try my number on the eircom site....always fails.

Yea, I'm on the greystones exchange. Often try my number on the eircom site....always fails.

i feel your pain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Talked with a few people who have the service installed and they are very happy with it. Pings to jolt.co.uk and boards.ie are in the low 20ms range and the signal has been stable.

HTH

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭goldilocked

Cheers, thats great news. Hopefully they'll be up and running in Kilcoole soon...

Mr_Man wrote:
    Talked with a few people who have the service installed and they are very happy with it. Pings to jolt.co.uk and boards.ie are in the low 20ms range and the signal has been stable.

HTH

M.

Thats good to hear Mr Man i hope it stays that way and doesnt turn into Irish Broadband!

Roll on Kilcoole!

is that with regional broadband or adsl through a phone line???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

The Pings are with Regional on their wireless service,

M.

• Advertisement

Excellent..thanks

Advertisement