Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humidity lately

Options
  • 04-07-2006 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

Has it been getting to anyone else?

I'm pretty good at coping with hot and humid weather as I've travelled a good bit and even lived in the tropics for a while but the last few days have been horrible for me I have to say. I've been feeling sticky and uncomfortable since the middle to end of last week. As if I'm always about to break out into a serious sweat or something!

Today was ridiculous, I walked to work as usual and it takes me 15-20mins depending on how brisk I walk or how close I am to being late for work. I'm reasonably fit and well used to walking around so that's not the issue. When I got to work and sat down and realised the back of my shirt was completely soakin with sweat and even my hair (it's long) was a bit wet in places! Gross I know but there was nowt I could do about it except bruce up a bit in the bathroom and wait til the sweat dried off!

I'm bringing a spare t-shirt with me to work from now on just in case! Oh I long for some nice DRY hot weather....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

this is the thing i hate about summers in Ireland. it is absolutely horrible. cant do anything without being drenched

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Yes. Particularly in the morning, it makes me feel almost like I'm sick. The thought of then having to put on clothes is depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

It's undercover rain. It just never ends...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

The weather sucks atm. Really horrible and hard to concentrate in an already warm office :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This all in Sketchville :confused: Weather in Galway has been pretty standard, except for Airshow day when it was really hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I've also found that I never seem to notice it that much until I venture indoors be it a shop, the office, my gaff whatever. Must be the cooler less humid air inside making my body realise how much it's sweating or something like that! I guess when I was in the tropics I only ever wore sandals and shorts etc and of course I became used to it and adapted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yeah really heavy weather at the moment. I hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

This sort of weather makes me want to blow my brains out.

Walking to work and soaked in sweat by the time I get there. Overcast mornings tricking you into bringing a jumper / coat / umbrella.

It seems particularly bad over here. I have experienced temperatures of 35 degrees plus in Crete, Italy, Texas and it has been pleasant - sunshine and breeze - none of the humid crap we seem to get here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    This sort of weather makes me want to blow my brains out.

Walking to work and soaked in sweat by the time I get there.

I think this is a slight overeaction to the weather:D How do you manage winters when it rains all the time??!

InFront wrote:
    I think this is a slight overeaction to the weather:D How do you manage winters when it rains all the time??!

H.U.M.I.D.I.T.Y

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

InFront wrote:

It doesn't rain all the time. That's an exaggeration.
    Winter weather here is easier to handle. You can bring a jacket or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Giles wrote:
    H.U.M.I.D.I.T.Y

:p

it was the getting soaked going to work part i was referring to:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Aard wrote:
    The thought of then having to put on clothes is depressing.
    You know, that could be taken so the wrong way.

Anyway, got back home today, opened the door, stepped inside, and the place was roasting.

My immediate thought was "shit, what did I forget to turn off this morning?".

But no, it was the heat collected during the day. And normally my place is v.cool as all the rooms have vents and wooden floorboards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Its mad, 80% humidity @ 35* in Tokyo was fine, but I cant stick it over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its pants alright. Should be over on Wedesday night/Thursday morning I think.

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mmm, tis unpleasant alright! Even now, sitting in my room with the windows open, I'm uncomfortably warm.

The best word to describe it is "sticky", I think. Or "close".

Stickus Maximus alright no question....

In my apt here watching the world cup with the balcony door wide open and it's still nasty! I'm dreading doing the household chores that I've been saying I've gotta do for weeks later.... grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Tis horrible alright, but definitely not as horrible as Bangkok a few years ago or Crete when I went to a visit an old Leper Colony - think temperatures got up to 45degrees that day & it was all concrete. Nearly fainted that day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Ah well, gives us all a reason to strip down and run through sprinklers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

abetarrush wrote:
    Ah well, gives us all a reason to strip down and run through sprinklers :p
    You first.

Anyways, 21.30 here, humidity at 75%, temp at 24oC. Tempted to fill the bath with cold water and crack open a few cold-ones whilst lying in same, but sure path to hypothermia.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

19 degrees C, and 83% humidity here (Cork), apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Tempted to fill the bath with cold water and crack open a few cold-ones whilst lying in same, but sure path to hypothermia.

You should crack one off anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Ah stop! Today was seriously humid! Everyone in the office was moaning (not least myself) but the worst part is, we had all the humidity, yet it was a crap overcast day, that eventually rained...

Oneway ticket to US/Spain/Italy/France/Canada/Oz please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Its nasty alright, I get even less sleep with Illinois summers. Im going home! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It's unpleasant alright, the bosses should consider themselves lucky I'm even wearing pants. I'd love "dry heat" or whatever folks call it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

it certainly does suck, but that's the joy of living on an island in the middle of the atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

11pm and the humidity is killing me. The fan will be on full blast all through the night tonight even though it sounds like a feckin J.C.B.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,693 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

makes me really cranky and irritable -- wanted to blast my boss out today, and throw my tools down , and emmigrate to Spain, Portugal or Thailand .. seam to be rowing with everyone , and little things like bad drivers, queues , fellow workers are really gettin to me ... roll on nice cool weather or some dry heat ... when i can mellow out ... aghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i wouldnt care if it was sunny BUT ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

julep wrote:
    it certainly does suck, but that's the joy of living on an island in the middle of the atlantic.

you live in the middle of the alantic?:eek:

Advertisement