Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humidity lately

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jesus, this is taking the piss at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

biko wrote:
    This all in Sketchville :confused: Weather in Galway has been pretty standard, except for Airshow day when it was really hot.

No way, I'm nearly breaking out into a sweat writing this, its so warm around.....very annoying, because even though I'm relatively fit, the 15 minute walk to works leaves me feeling clammy the last few days....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Not AS bad today I have to say but still a bit too sticky for my liking.

It just goes to show what the sun will do.... it seems to get rid of alot of the humidity by burning it off or something, for want of a better description.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I thought today was worse actually. Horrible in work today, sweating just sitting there.

Note to self: an attic space office with a leather chair is a bad idea in a humid Irish summer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

My office isn't actually that bad... once all the sweat has dried up! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

How about this heat when doing manual (very annoying in this weather) work like laying a timber floor in a sun room, I could swear at one point I could smell myself cooking :D . Today by far was the worst day of the week as regards heat and humidity I thought :( . Fecking horrid!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

For those of you in a semi-D house, open the attic door just before sun-down. It is amazing how quick your house will cool down!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Try Boston and New York in the summertime,now THATS unbearable humidity! 1am Manhattan 100% humidity and 28c HORRIBLE :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I'm gonna be first in line down at my local LIDL for one of these babies...

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060713.p.Airconditioner

...although, I'm not too sure about the ducting hose idea, do you hang the hose out the window or can you leave it in the same room as the unit?

Advertisement