Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice- Airsoft Forum proposed

Options
  • 04-07-2006 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

I don't think there's been anything about this posted here, so I'd just like to bring it to everyone's attention.

The Airsoft lads are proposing the creation of an Airsoft Forum, possibly as a sub-forum of Extreme Sports.
    Here's the thread- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054952684

We've had more than a few people here asking questions about Airsoft, and while they've generally been responded to in a helpful manner, they've usually been directed to the Extreme Sports forum. The general consensus seems to have been that the only real crossover between the two sports (shooting and Airsoft) has been with regard to the common legislation governing both. With a bit of luck, the CJB amendments will legitimise airsoft equipment and enthusiasts can go ahead and participate without the sort of grief and rigmarole we more conventional firearms users have had to put up with for the last few decades.

Provided the amendments go through as anticipated, I can see a huge upsurge of interest in this activity.

I'm a bit too much on the old/overweight side of things to be doing the whole running and jumping bit, but some of the guns are way cool, and I can see a bit of 'indoor plinking' in my future :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

but some of the guns are way cool, and I can see a bit of 'indoor plinking' in my future

Certainly :D

I don't see why there shouldn't be an airsoft forum if the new CJB legalises the guns, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Interesting idea, but there are many established airsoft websites (such as arniesairsoft & airsoft ireland) that as an informational resource is perfectly sufficient and i'd question the need for another forum here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭17HMR

If there's a demand for a forum, then I don't see why there shouldn't be a forum. Go for it.

Great to see that some modicum of common sense has emerged and that <1 joule systems are no longer to be considered "firearms".

Still have difficulty understanding why crossbows and air pistols and rifles are still classed as "firearms" mind you. Kind of makes a mockery of the whole firearms licence thing when .308 rifles are regarded in the same way as air pistols !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

TWO WORDS FOR YOU

IRISH POLITICIANS

lol thats why its the way it is!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Forum created.
    I'm just moving our airsoft threads there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I am so happy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Fireworks-01-june.gifFireworks-02-june.gifFireworks-03-june.gif

Advertisement