Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Limit Thermostat

Options
  • 04-07-2006 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    I am installing a new boiler that comes with a high limit thermostat. This cuts power to the boiler if the temperature exceeds 90 degrees. No wiring instructions came with the stat. I have included a picture of stat and I know that the white wire in the picture runs from the stat back to a control panel, however I am not to sure where exactly it is wired in. If anyone can shed some light on this I would be grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 phil me up

hi there
    you usually just use c which stands for common and then return your live feed true number 1
    it should be a normally closed switch but i have found that they sometimes get the numbers wrong
    hope this explains it to u if u need anymore info just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Hawthorn_Pl

Hi Phil
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the 2 is for? Thanks again and sorry for asking such a basic question I am just trying to figure out the setup and know what goes where.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

I would suspect one of the terminals is normally open the other normally closed. The c or common is live in. Whichever is normally closed would be to boiler or thermostat and the other would be to an external light maybe to indicate that the high limit has been reached.

Again only suspect that hard to tell just from a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 phil me up

hi ya horthorn

dont worry about the no 2 connetion just think of ur stat as a switch with c bein ye common connection and no 1 and no2 bein ur when u connect ur cables into the common and number 1 power will flow trought because its a closed switch

hope this helps let me know if i can answer any other of ur questions and let me know did it work out for u ]

cheers

Advertisement