Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany - Italy

• 04-07-2006 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going for Germany with the home advantage to scrape it.

That said could easily see it going to penalties.
    Aparently some German papers have said certain things about Italians that has them all worked up, so looking forward to a game hopefully full of passion.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

01 J Lehmann
    03 A Friedrich
    21 C Metzelder
    17 P Mertesacker
    16 P Lahm
    18 T Borowski
    13 M Ballack
    05 S Kehl
    19 B Schneider
    11 M Klose
    20 L Podolski

01 G Buffon
    19 G Zambrotta
    05 F Cannavaro
    23 M Materazzi
    03 F Grosso
    16 M Camoranesi
    20 S Perrotta
    08 G Gattuso
    21 A Pirlo
    10 F Totti
    09 L Toni

Italy are packing the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For the good of football, I hope Germany win. They play good, honest, open and hard working football, while the Italians bore and cheat their way to victory more often than now.

Heh.

Saw this gem on bbc football
    The Italian anthem is accompanied by jeers which slowly peter out. They are all singing apart from Argentine-born Mauro Camoranesi. He has previously said he still feels 100% Argentina and playing for Italy was purely a footballing decision. More like Mauro Camora-mercenary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I was talking to a German colleague in work and he told me in a serious voice that it will be down to efficient planning by Klinsmann...

They are serious and passionate at the same time, Italy be afraid!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

1-0 to italy is my prediciton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

MY GOD... Is Darragh Moloney having an affair with Cannavaro or what?? he's a good player, we get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

rcs wrote:
    MY GOD... Is Darragh Moloney having an affair with Cannavaro or what?? he's a good player, we get it!

Yup, a bit OTT allright.

Italy seem to have the upper hand at the moment, but not much in the way of shots on goal yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

should be 1-0 to the germans there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Yowza, Schneider should have scored. The standard has been very high so far. Ballack and Totti my 2 standout players so far.

Lol @ Totti :)

Good game, good ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what a great game.

game of the tournament for me so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

SofaKing wrote:
    Lol @ Totti :)

Good game, good ref.

i agree. if the refs had been like this, everyone could fall over as much as they like, let the real players get on with the game.

i think the ref has been great. thats how to be in control of a game, and still have it flow beautifully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

For the good of football, I hope Germany win. They play good, honest, open and hard working football, while the Italians bore and cheat their way to victory more often than now.
    Very boring tonight.:rolleyes: Hopefully that steriotype will be gone after this WC as Italy have been far from boring in the cup so far.

Agreed about the ref, excellent so far from him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Terrific match so far, both teams are really going for it which is refreshing to see.

LOL @ Totti indeed, trying to hurdle a 6 foot+ Ballack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a bit Premiership for me! Lots of running about and hopefull long balls ;)

I can see Klinsmann getting booked.

As for Darragh Maloney less said.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

have you even watched them play this WC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I hope Italy beat Germany and go on to win the WC, so Cannavaro can lift the WC....he deserves it....player of the tournament. 2 Outstanding tackles so far in the first half.

The Germans will play for penalties as time runs out cos they have a much better record than Italy in shoot-outs. I hope for Italys sake, they score..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Where and when did this phrase "recycled" enter football lingo?

"He's blocked off on that route but he's recycled it to *insert name*".

Isn't that a rugby term?

0-0 full time

germany by far the better team in a dull second half

Maloney also talked of the dead ball line.

Anyway, pretty poor overall in terms of ultimate quality. The Germans have looked better until the decisive moment and then....phft!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

c'mon Italy...beat em on pennos.

getting sick of the english media constantly referring to Perotta's English birthplace!

:eek: how did that not go in

edit/twice hit the woodwork in as many minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Boom, one off the crossbar there, nice shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

I feel Italy will score and it will be no need for penalties! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Duras wrote:
    I feel Italy will score and it will be no need for penalties! :-)
    I hope you're right!

C'mon Italy!

goal:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thats that.

Where was the bloody marking.

seansouth wrote:
    I hope you're right!

C'mon Italy!
    Well?????????????:D :D:D:D:D:D

2-0:eek:

• Advertisement

woooow

didnt predict the second LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

What a beautiful move, super goal. Good luck to the Italians in the final. Hard luck Germans.

I'd say that 2nd goal saved the bookies loads. I'd reckon there was millions layed on a 1-0 either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Germany were just kicked in the nuts,Twice.

kdjac

Stekelly wrote:
    I'd say that 2nd goal saved the bookies loads. I'd reckon there was millions layed on a 1-0 either way.
    yes but in 90 mins of play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

great goals to win the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Great match, loving the last 2 minutes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Ugh sick for them poor bastards, just got a text to say 'sleepy germans thats how they lost the war'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Great match! Glad it didn't go to penalties in the end, and I think Italy just about deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Well played both teams, feel bad for Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Tell whoever sent that text they are a c.unt.

Great match, penos seemed looming but a real sucker punch by Italy. Cannavaro was immense for them. Germany have done very well this tournament and proved a lot of critics wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Great game and what a finish by Italy.. they deserved it tonight

Dunphy really hasnt got the ability to admit when he's wrong. Before the tournament, (much like when liverpool won the cl with him saying how **** they are before, during and after all their games) he decide England and germany (probably other aswell) are crap. England culd have won every game 8-0 and dunphy would say they are ****.

Now it's germany were found out. It would have been just as justified if Germany had scored in the last minute to win, so hardly found out. To get found out, Italy would have had to run amock on them, which just didnt happen.

Maybe having Frings there in the middle might have made a difference.

Very dissapointed that teh Italian (the one sent off for the elbow, cant remember who it was) is going to play again in this wc. It should have been an automatic ban till the end of the tournament. Now he could very well play , nice and fresh , in the final and win a medal. Hardly a punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Dont take anything that shriveled old cokehead prune has to say seriously. He doesnt know his arse form his elbow at this stage.

Ignore Dunphy he has issues with Saxons!

Great finish for the cheating divers, er Italians.

I thought the ref had a great game, rarely fell for a dive but should have booked a few players for doing so.

Mike.

On the diiving front, why is it only a dive if you take a superman like lunge? dropping down holding your ankle then getting straight back up as soon as you get the free is diving aswell , yet is never punushed.

Just think, If Italy hadnt cheated, then Australia could have been in the final now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

mike65 wrote:

Great finish for the cheating divers, er Italians.

Yes because they cheated and dived throughout that game didnt they :p

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    Yes because they cheated and dived throughout that game didnt they

Actually both teams did. Players were going down holdign various body parts only to jump right back up.

So yes, yes they were.

All in all I'm gutted. Really thought Germany had liver-luck tm especially when the shots hit the woodwork. Should have brought didi. Would have been a good calming influence to turn the play the way they wanted it and neutralise gattuso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Get in Italy...hope they go on to win it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I feel like a king in my house tipping Cannavaro for player of the tournament last week when he was 25/1 with PP and 140/1 on Betfair. :eek: :) It will be absolute robbery if Zidane beats him to it based on 1 or 2 good performances.

Should have brought didi. Would have been a good calming influence to turn the play the way they wanted it and neutralise gattuso.

Agreed. They really missed Frings in the middle and Ballack had his worst game for me. Proberly never fit after the Argentina game.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement