Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How easy is agric science?

• 04-07-2006 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Is there a project you have to do that goes towards the leaving cert grade?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Some of my friends took it up for the first time repeating and had no problems with doing the course in one year. Yeah, I think there's a project involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

all the project counts for i think its 15% and then the rest is piss.
    if you do biology do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

you also do an oral....yes an oral in ag science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

but you may not be actually brought in for the oral... its strange.

the teacher predicts grades for everyone, and then the examiner picks a few people and does an oral with them, and if the grade the examiner gives them matches the teachers predicted grades, ta-daa, only a few are examined, and the predicted grades stand.

i think.

i didnt do it, but i was talking to people about it before it happened..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Only 3 ppl went in for the oral out of the ag science class.

We had to do a similar thing for GCSE P.E where only 3 ppl went into the oral from my class. I didnt have to go in thank god

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

What do you talk about? "What type of grass do you have in your Garden?"
    "If you have two cows having sex how many will you have at the end of the year?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

NADA wrote:
    What do you talk about? "What type of grass do you have in your Garden?"
    "If you have two cows having sex how many will you have at the end of the year?"

:rolleyes: I'd say its harder than that... It's like the environment aspect of geography, with the science aspect of biology, (genetics, reproduction, cell division) all that junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Mc Keon is an ag scientist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

NADA wrote:
    Mc Keon is an ag scientist!

He is also a farmer, now seriously, stop bringing your life onto all the ****in threads!!! go on bebo or something, and talk, and moan about school there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭jaydigity

Hate to burst the myth bubble but ag.science really is not that easy!
    Take a look at the grades given for it, it's taken by people who wwant to get high grades, yet the number that come out with A's is relatively low.
    The Project is unbelievably long and time consuming.
    The rest of the course is ok and doing biology is a major advantage. Still though it's a huge course and though there's great choice in LC exam, literally ANYTHING can come up, things you've never heard of etc.

I like the subject, am interested in the stuff and would reccomend it, but definatley not to someone not willing to put in the work and I really wouldn't suggest anyone do the subject as a one year course!

• Advertisement
Advertisement