Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 Opel Zafira and iPod

Options
  • 04-07-2006 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I've just had an Opel Zafira forced on me by employer. Not my choice, but hey, its free!

I notice the stereo has an AUX IN setting on the settings menu. I'm wondering how I'd go about connecting my iPod to it.

Does anyone know or have any suggestions. The stereo in the Zafira is a CD30.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Probably a lead with 3.5mm stereo jacks at both ends? Or else 3.5mm jack to RCA phono males? Check the owner's handbook - if the stereo is factory-fitted it should give details.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

No go there, esel! No 3.5mm jack anywhere on head unit. I even removed it and no connections at the rear of the unit. There are 2 connections at the rear (part of a multiplug) labled ph+ and ph- which maybe phone audio connections for phone sound (nothing to do with the mute function) but as its only 2 connections it can't be stereo. So I reckon I may have to get an adapter for the Opel stereo (which is a Blaupunkt unit)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Argos are doing a Dennison Ipod cradle with built in charger, which plugs into the aeriel socket on the back of your unit. They're also doing free fitting.

Cheers colm_mcm, I'll look into that. I'm waiting for info from our Opel dealer (part of the group I work for) to see if Opel have an iPod accessory. Somehow I doubt they do...............

I like this Dennison one because it charges the unit too. fits on the dash like a phone cradle

• Advertisement

I checked into that on the the Argos website and it appears its only available in the UK. I even put in the UK catalog number and the Irish site returned 'no match'. I'll be in Scotland in September and I'll get it then.

Do you by any chance have the catalog number for it - or even a link to where I can get it here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

crosstownk wrote:
    I've just had an Opel Zafira forced on me by employer. Not my choice, but hey, its free!

I notice the stereo has an AUX IN setting on the settings menu. I'm wondering how I'd go about connecting my iPod to it.

Does anyone know or have any suggestions. The stereo in the Zafira is a CD30.

Have a look here - seems like "aux in" regarding ipods etc.. is a non runner.

http://www.vvoc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35533

I'd say your right Darando. When I removed the haed unit I seen two vacant connections labled ph+ and ph- so I reckon that the aux in is only for phone applications and is in mono as in the link you provided.

SH1T!!

I think the cradle suggested earlier is my best option........

Typical low tech Opel.

The Dennison unit is in the new Argos catalogue.

Advertisement