Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie overclocking question

Options
  • 04-07-2006 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I bought this processor
    https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=309861

Just wondering can i over clock it and how would i do it ? also how much do you think i could overclock it to ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ok first off overclocking is not all about the cpu its also about a good mobo and ram.the 4200 is a good overclocker because its got the 11 mulity.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Start here.
    And if you haven't got the patience to sift through a few articles, overclocking isn't for you (it wasn't for me either, but that's a different story...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah i got into OC'in and it took a good week before I'd gathered all the necessary info on how to do it with my setup, what the expected limitations of the hardware are, known heat issues and how to test each change.

Its not something you'll get done in a day. Look up some reviews on what other people are getting with your form of cooling (i.e. air, water, phase) then work towards that, but as was said there are plenty ofother things to consider also: HTT, HTT multi, CPU Multi, RAM divider.

Advertisement