Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting problem...

• 04-07-2006 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

i am using broadband through a lan connection in a student village in cork. i can watch videos on sites like youtube but not on ebaumsworld and others that use windows media player.
    i also cant connect to kazaa its just says connecting but never connects. this also happens on other p2p programs. i think its the student villages settings.
    any ideas on how to fix/bypass this?

thanks,
    fitz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

thafitz wrote:
    i am using broadband through a lan connection in a student village in cork. i can watch videos on sites like youtube but not on ebaumsworld and others that use windows media player.
    i also cant connect to kazaa its just says connecting but never connects. this also happens on other p2p programs. i think its the student villages settings.
    any ideas on how to fix/bypass this?

thanks,
    fitz

Is it going through a proxy ? if so you will have to set the proxy up in Windows Media Player.

As for p2p they probably block ports to stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

They probably have a very strict firewall with a proxy that only allows http and pop3 access. No way of easy way of getting round it. And they prob monitor for P2P traffic and actively block it.

As Blitz said, if they provide a proxy for http traffic, enter this into WMP settings and see if it will work. You'll still have some video streaming sites that won't work however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

sound, ill try that. thanks for thefeedback.

Advertisement