Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A txt back pls would be nice :D

• 04-07-2006 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just a bit of a rant or soemthing to make me feel better

Met this girl last 2 weekends, we kissed a bit on both nites. Txt her a few times last week which was grand. Txting her tonight one reply and none since the last txt. As far as i can tell i done nothing wrong (except maybe not txt till today instead of maybe sunday).
    She said she had a good nite so i guess it cant be all that bad.

Anyone??? Why does it happen? I just like a txt back. Was it that i asked her to the cinema the other nite and maybe she thaught i was gonna ask her does she want to go this week? (which i was :D)

Maybe she's out of cred :?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

shes out of cred or asleep! take a chill pill !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Maybe you come off in your text messages as a bit needy and clingy like you do in the OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Yeah i agree with Chucky! Chill out man! It's only been a couple of hours (if that)! Chances are she's out of credit and you'll get a message tomorrow apologizing for it!

P.s Word of advice... Don't panic everytime it takes her longer than 5 mins to reply. She's not ignoring you and clingyness in a guy is not something girls tend to like!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Quit with the 'teenage texting' crap and ring her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yeah relax. She might have no credit/be asleep/be out or maybe she just forgot. Either way what are you making a big deal about it for? She didn't reply to one text message. Give her a break!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Txt Meh :D wrote:

Met this girl last 2 weekends, we kissed a bit on both nites. Txt her a few times last week which was grand. Txting her tonight one reply and none since the last txt. As far as i can tell i done nothing wrong (except maybe not txt till today instead of maybe sunday).

Anyone??? Why does it happen? I just like a txt back. Was it that i asked her to the cinema the other nite and maybe she thaught i was gonna ask her does she want to go this week? (which i was :D)

phone her and you will get an answer.
    whats the worse that can happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

phone her and you will get an answer.
    whats the worse that can happen?

flying spaghetti monster gets him?

Relax fella, i often dont bother texting people back unless i have something genuinely interesting to say. ring her in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Will see today i guess.

I'm just a sucker with these kind of things, being bored last nite didnt help either waiting on a reply. Wouldnt say she was a sleep at the time i txt her, was round 7 or so.

As for klingyness, whats to much? I don't think im to much like that, trying not to be anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

she's clearly seeing someone else, move on. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

Txt Meh :D wrote:

Exact same thing happened to me, went out with girl twice etc. Then she seemed to disappear. It's been two weeks now since i heard from her and I couldnt understand what went wrong at the start.

To be honest if someone doesnt have the courtesy to be straight with you then you're better off without them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

if someone txted me and finished with a question i would answer it, if there was no question i wouldnt be bothered txting back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Belle_Morte

Maybe she didn't get your text, they don't always get delivered successfully.

You could always ring her and find out.

I wouldnt know what to say to her if i txt her.

My cousin knows her i might get on to him see what he knows, pretty sure she's not with anyone (i hope at least)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 my little pony

text her and ask her does she have plans for the weekend and would she like to do something like go for a drink, go to the cinema etc

If she says yes then you have been worried over nothing as she is obviously interested and if she says no then at least you will know

Good Luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Here the same thing is happening to me lately. Was seeing a guy a christmas we fell out then started seeing eachother recently, went to the cinema twice and then since the last cinema trip nothing. i text him and not one reply, its been a week and half....thats not just no cred or sleep or forgetfull.

One time he txt sayin did i not get his last message before the cinema last week and i hadnt so i was thinking his messages arnt coming through, but thats just kidding myself coz he could ring or call up he knows where i live.

So im droppin it now. two chances to many!

Move on Meh....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cheeseofdoom

Depends on how well you know her, would you feel comfortable ringing her for a chat? If not then think of something fun n unusual to do n txt her askin her to join you. Sometimes when people don't txt it doesn't mean theyre not interested but they might be evaluating how the last date went, ie she mught be unsure - giving her space and sending her one friendly txt suggesting you guys meet up is a good move, lets her know you're interested but not desperate. Hope this heples :)

Dont think i know her well enough really to go phone her.

I'm unsure about txtin her if she got plans for the weekend, to pushy? At least i might know what she's thinking from her reply, if she replies.

No txt today btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

you know her well enough to stick your tongue down her throat 2 weekends in a row, yet thats not enough to call her?

oh christ.

what age are you? 10?

Agree with chucky... You know her well enough to freak out when she doesn't reply to your messages but you can't call her?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

If your friends don't text you back within 24 hours do you freak out? No. Sometimes they're busy or forget or have no credit or are distracted.

I disagree with the people who are saying ring her. If you never normally ring her, you might seem desperate if you do.

Text her something funny tomorrow. If she doesn't reply, you've got the weekend to yourself! Find a new mouth :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Well i txt here had she any plans for the weekend and if she wanted to go for a drink/cinema.
    I couldnt think up anything funny as Doleman sugested so went with that :D

Well that didnt take long. She has a wedding to go to this weekend :(

That a deffinate no or should i mention another nite instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

Txt Meh wrote:

I'm no expert but wouldnt she have said "what about some other night" if she was interested??

Is that all the text said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pheasantplucker

Txt Meh wrote:

My gut feeling would tell me if she was interested she would have mentioned on the text that she was free another night.. i say leave it at that!
    .... OR maybe reply and say you had a spare courtesy ticket for oxegen VIP tent this weekend but not to worry.. hee hee. I am being evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭oceansize

It's a game to her bud. If she liked you, she would make the effort. Just like you're doing. I met a few girls over the last couple of weekends. A couple txt me, i txt a couple. About 2 weeks ago, i met a girl in geoffs in waterford. She was looking at me alot and walking past saying well, so i went up to her and asked for her number. I text her the next day, and she got back to me 2 days later, i replied later that night, and then nothing. So i left it. Until today, she text me asking howi was etc. So you can either play it very cool and not txt much, or play it not so cool and maybe mess it up? i dunno.

A girl i know who does like me (met her a coupla weeks ago as well) text me after 3 days. and told me she was doing the 3 day rule "if he doesn't txt me, i'll txt him asking how he's gettin on". So i dunno, i don't know what kicks women get out of shifting someone and giving their number, and then ignoring them or not being nice to them.

She replied with: Ah sorry (my name) but im going to a wedding this weekend. thanks anyway. sorry

I replied anyway wishing her fun and maybe we could meet up some other time. No delivery report from that as of yet.

Maybe ill just forget about it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Epicpriest

Txt me wrote:
    She replied with: Ah sorry (my name) but im going to a wedding this weekend. thanks anyway. sorry

I replied anyway wishing her fun and maybe we could meet up some other time. No delivery report from that as of yet.

Tough call mate. I'd leave it for 1 week. If she doesn't get back to you, forget about it. Try to meet someone else maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Txt me wrote:

You've done everything you can. It's in her hands now...

If you don't hear anything by Monday/Tuesday, move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ah God be with the days when you met a girl at the weekend and then had to ring her house phone to talk to her, probably getting her dad to answer the phone too!

Mobile phones are the scurge of the modern day romance!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Txt me wrote:

Delivery report .... jaysus .. your going to drive yourself nuts ...
    Put the phone on silent for sms msgs and stop checking it every 2 minutes.

I couldnt imagine how you's went about it in the past without mobile phones :P

I always have delivery reports on and phone on silent, for college work etc. Tbh im not sure if she will reply at all, she got the txt (i got a report at least). As mentioned above, ill leave it in her hands if she decides she would like to meet she got my no.

Pity its always like this when you meet someone nice, and i taught i had things going in my favour.

1 thing im wondering, why didnt she not just not shift/kiss/meet me last saturday its not like i forced my self on to her and she had no choice in the matter. I does take two as far as i know....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

be careful of coming across as to clngy/needy:

this girl texts me quite often, but the trouble is she's very clingy, which shows itself.. she'll text three or four times with the same msg if i don't reply/am busy/in work/whatever.

best of luck mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Txt Meh wrote:
    1 thing im wondering, why didnt she not just not shift/kiss/meet me last saturday its not like i forced my self on to her and she had no choice in the matter. I does take two as far as i know....
    Yes it does take 2 to tango, but it only takes one to break up!

Red Alert wrote:
    this girl texts me quite often, but the trouble is she's very clingy, which shows itself.. she'll text three or four times with the same msg if i don't reply/am busy/in work/whatever.
    You don't have any pet rabbits do you?

I used to get that way too. But you have to realise that if this person doesn't reply, chances are that they are not ignoring you, that they are either busy, have no credit, or whatever.

Also, the txt message she sent you is a nice one. She thanked you for the offer. And she apologised for not being able to go. Also she has a legitimate reason.

One thing you should never do is get yourself overly anxious or sad with it, mainly because you will just feel foolish when it turns out that your concerns are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Could be out of cred, could just have forgotten, might not be interested. Whatever the case forget it, if she responds she responds, if she doesn't then she's probably not interested. in fact at this point, after several texts, and no response, she's obviously NOT interested. Enough with the playground theatrics!

TBH I'd say just forget about it. Any girl who's interested would have said that they were going to the wedding but how about Next weekend! Or even some other time eh!

Time to move on i'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

BaZmO* wrote:
    Ah God be with the days when you met a girl at the weekend and then had to ring her house phone to talk to her, probably getting her dad to answer the phone too!

Mobile phones are the scurge of the modern day romance!!

oh god yeah..i remember yrs ago staying a a friends house and meeting a guy she knew, he had to ring her house the following day to talk to me. He had written the phone number on a fiver and when he was about to ring he just realised he had spent it...so he had to go back and ask the girl in the shop for the fiver back...

Ok sorry, back on topic..

has it been established here that she is not interested..?...i'd say go out tonight and meet someone else..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

takola wrote:
    TBH I'd say just forget about it. Any girl who's interested would have said that they were going to the wedding but how about Next weekend! Or even some other time eh!

Time to move on i'd say!

yep, looks like she was letting you down easily

Out tomorrow nite anyway, should meet my cousing see if he knows anything.

I'm not expecting him to tell me she's playing hard anyway, we shall see.

No intention to txt her again to get something going.

In the mean time im going fishing :P (try at least)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Beruthiel wrote:
    Quit with the 'teenage texting' crap and ring her

LOL. OOHH the direct approach,i like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Snowbie, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

Thaedydal wrote:
    Snowbie, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

Just merely agreeing with Beruthiel.
    SOZ if you took me up wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Which is not helpful to the op and your last post was off topic too.
    Last warning or you will be banned.

:confused:

As i turn and walk away.

I met a girl one night in town who I ended up snogging. We met up the next day and did the whole Powerscourt Waterfall thing...i thought it would be dead romantic....she seemed to have a good time but when I dropped her home it was the last I saw of her for nearly 3 weeks. I tried texting her a few times and she just replied real cooly to me so I just left her be figuring Id been blown out.

But guess what....after the three weeks she rang me and we ended up going out again...and eh..... four years later we are married and just got news that we are expecting our first baby.

Any way its my experiance that there is nothing more off putting to a woman than a man that appears too keen. My advice is to play it cool and wait for her to make the first move.Women are funny like that....

Advertisement