Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow bands/singers/acts

• 04-07-2006 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I have set a site that will be fully launched in two weeks. Its an entertainment listing site for Carlow. Hoping to get all the pubs, clubs etc involved.

But more importantly I want to get all local acts involved. Trying to build a directoy or acts and venues in Carlow.

So if you are of the entertaining variety drop me a line.

The site is www.carlowentertainment.ie. Just a holding page available to you at the moment but the details of how to get listed are there.

Cheers

Jumpa

Mods, this is a not for profit project with no advertising. If it is considered unsuitable, so be it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

no advertising? you crazy fool.. at least stick on some adscense boxes to help recoup the cost of hosting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i know a girl that does some promotion-ish type stuff in carlow for rock bands. ill send her that link. i know a few ppl in bands in carlow too. ill send them it aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

s4dd wrote:
    no advertising? you crazy fool.. at least stick on some adscense boxes to help recoup the cost of hosting

Just meant I wasnt linking to a page full of adverts! Ive been flamed before for pointing people to pages with adsense.

B-Man - sounds good.

Any help appreciated guys, hope to get as many bands as possible into the the DB, hopefully will be a good showcase for local acts.

Site is opened guys.

Check out the acts page, have a good few in already.

www.carlowentertainment.ie/acts.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Good stuff! looks good, well done Jumpa....I say well done. Where am I?

your scratchin your balls its a quarter to 3
    she's somewhere makin money with the technology!
    ai ai aiiiiiiiii

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote:
    Where am I?

Your in the acts....I mean ar*e page, whoops dont have it up yet. Gime some more time to work on it!

Mods, thank you for the sticky, pretty decent of you guys.

Jumpa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Its looking very good so far. A very ambitious project but definitely one worthy of a sticky on this forum. The best of luck with it.

Thank you Ivan.

Local band 79 Cortinaz and Mulingar band Obsolete play The Vinyl Bar this Saturday night.

Its free! So no excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Nice one jumpa. Don't suppose there's any chance of a "staff wanted" section? I'm a guitarist with no real band. Have a bunch of guys almost there but not quiet if you know what I mean. Also know of a good feww guys who would join bands in carlow if they could find one.

• Advertisement

Im open to suggestions Dom, thats a good idea. Give me time to think about how to approach it. A forum would be perfect but im not sure I want to go down that route.

What I might do is put a sub section to the acts section which would allow you to search for ..... male seeks other males!

haha careful there, jumpa! do u really wana go down *THAT* route? maybe u can have a "GAA" section too to coincide with Cosmos grand re-opening! haha

could u not just copy the page that lets acts add themselves, but instead change it around so its for miusicians seeking bands. you already have the name part, and the description. i would assume its fairly similar and you could jsut have a link to that page, mirroring the band/artist search, if ya get me?

Yes indeed B-Man, keep up the good work and you will make junior vice president!

Guys,

I have added a forum to the site. This will allow for more ad hoc requests to be posted such as the musician seeking a band. Ive only just got the forum up this week so bare with the lack of threads and such.

Any support appreciated.

http://www.carlowentertainment.ie/forum/index.php

Once again thanks for the sticky, just looking at my stats and alot of visits coming from Boards so I will be returning the favour.

September is going to rawwwk!

What a way to kick off the college year.

http://www.carlowentertainment.ie/livemusic.php

http://www.carlowentertainment.ie/clubbing.php

B_Man is offically our resident agony aunt. Discuss personal issues with him here...

http://www.carlowentertainment.ie/forum/

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is Eoinzy on strike or wha?

im assumin that was you that left that voicemail on me phone? thats some Dublin accent you're after aquirin! hehe

Trilla wrote:
    Is Eoinzy on strike or wha?

When Eoinzy shows up he can be quiet insightful, however his patchy attendance suggests to me he is busy enjoying the fame this role has brought him.

One final update!

Ive decided to shutdown the site. I fully believed (and still do) that there was a need for this type of site. I offered local venues a chance to advertise their events, but very few seemed interested.

There was a great interest from local acts, my only reget here is that the site wasnt being used enough by event organisers to ever get these acts a gig. The forum was a great success, some very funny moments on there.

Thanks to Ivan for the sticky and thanks to all who visited or contributed in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Yo, my band Kilesa played the Vinyl Bar and the battle of the bands and were in the IT factor... we shall be back next year to entertain ye lot again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Its a shame it didnt work out the way we all hoped, Wheres me jumpa, but you gave it a good go.

Advertisement