Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW or Crx?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

ibanezjem wrote:
    Compact is a "girls" car (eg, Hyundai Coupe) and as most car mags agree on, the compact is the worst car BMW have ever made in terms of looks. CRX is 1.5 i think and is very 80's. Insurance wont be cheap as they're a sought after car in terms of theft and as they are an old car, your wallet will be a mechanics delight with money spent on parts here and there.
    There's a 1.5 version of the CRX which makes similar power to the compact, but there's also 2 different 1.6 versions that would leave it for dead. Although they're old cars at this stage, they're Hondas which makes them at least as reliable as a similarly aged BMW with any sort of maintenance.

And since you mentioned the Hyundai Coupe, the current top-of-the-range 2.7 V6 coupe makes similar power to a CRX 1.6 VTEC in standard form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I enjoyed my 16-16i CRX. Completely different car to a compact. Strange choice of cars to choose from.

Advertisement