Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian league collapse

• 05-07-2006 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Well i guess your all keeping up to tabs on the situation in italy. It seems that the talent in Italy is on the outward run.

The following players have all publicly sytated they are looknig for new clubs, according to sky sports new which is always right

kaka
    viera
    nedved
    ibrahimovic
    zambrotta
    buffon
    gattuso

Just to name a few but there is plenty more, all want out now that Juventus are going to be booted down to Serie C and Fiorentina,lazio and ac milan off to serie b.

Adriano is quoted as saying if the majority of the skilled players leave hes packing his bags too.

It is thought that this mass influx of massive talent to the market is going to pretty much cause a soar in prices and these players will be either playing low league football or only with top clubs nxt year.

Can you imagine viera,nedved and ibrahimovic playing in serie c, against sunday leaguers?

But i definatly think that this summer is going to get interesting.

Bets on united trying for nedved,emerson or kaka?even a gattuso

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

All the players from the 4 (soon to be?) relegated teams should join inter to form a super club.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Bets on for United trying for all of Milan and Juve's midfield, all of them, cept maybe Nedved as he said he will stay with Juve no matter what.

What I'd give to have Pirlo, Gattuso and Kaka at United, but it's a dream, everyone knows that, but let's keep dreaming for a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Well, we've all dreamed of picking and choosing a few quality players on the cheap for our clubs, now is the chance! I've tried to keep it realistic (;)) by only picking 3 players, but United's midfield doesn't look so shabby now!

Van Der Saar
    Neville--Ferdinand--Vidic--Heinze
    Gattuso---Pirlo
    Kaka
    ----Ronaldo
    Rooney
    Van Nistelrooy

EDIT: PHB, snap!

I think every person is secretly dreaming of his club picking up 2/3 top quality players.
    In theory, there is no reason, except money, why if these 4 teams got relegated, why the top 4 in all the top leagues couldn't get 2/3 top quality players in.

Personally, if it happens, I think Inter could go on a huge huge huge spending spree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Inter and, to an extent, Roma must be wetting themselves with the prospect of their entire competition getting relegated. Although, on the other hand, they could find themselves in a pretty poor league and be ruined in the longer term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Well i guess your all keeping up to tabs on the situation in italy. It seems that the talent in Italy is on the outward run.

The following players have all publicly sytated they are looknig for new clubs, according to sky sports new which is always right

kaka
    viera
    nedved
    ibrahimovic
    zambrotta
    buffon
    gattuso

Just to name a few but there is plenty more, all want out now that Juventus are going to be booted down to Serie C and Fiorentina,lazio and ac milan off to serie b.

Adriano is quoted as saying if the majority of the skilled players leave hes packing his bags too.

It is thought that this mass influx of massive talent to the market is going to pretty much cause a soar in prices and these players will be either playing low league football or only with top clubs nxt year.

Can you imagine viera,nedved and ibrahimovic playing in serie c, against sunday leaguers?

But i definatly think that this summer is going to get interesting.

Bets on united trying for nedved,emerson or kaka?even a gattuso

got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

gattuso definetly will not leave milan and kaka probably wont as well so i wouldnt count on any of them going to england.nedved could retire

the magistrates are only proposing the punishments they are not set in stone at the moment. there will probably be comprimises and juve will get seria b and the rest will stay up with points deductions and a lack of european football

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

well if its true that Kaka has publicly stated that he wants out of Ac Milan then you have to expect that he will be Real Madrid bound as he was one of their new presidents promised new players.

He suggested that he had a pre-contract agreement with Kaka, Robben and Fabergas aswell as Fabio Capello.

Capello has today left the sinking ship that is Juventus, Kaka is seemingly going to follow and these two will be enough to make the fans forget that the other two were just suggested to get him elected although there are rumours that Jose could let Robben leave Chelsea as he is preparing to make a move to a 4-4-2 formation having aquired Schevchenko but not sold Crespo or Drogba.

although i wonder if he regrets spending 30million on Schever now that Milan may go belly up and he could have got him much cheaper if he wasnt so concerned about his injury and didnt sign him pre-world cup.

however i still only expect Juventus to get relegated to Seria B and the others to get fined and prehaps docked points for this seasons start though that is my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Stekelly wrote:
    All the players from the 4 (soon to be?) relegated teams should join inter to form a super club.:)
    they didnt get religated lucky them
    there going to be unstoppable now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

The Doc is yet again showing his lust for any bit of bad news coming out about the Italian way of football. No 4 teams are not certain to be relegated, the trial started monday with a request from the FIGC to the court in session. The hearing is on going and will most likely result in La Viola, Lazio and Milan starting with a points deduction and Juve being sent to Seria B.

Juve are being charged with 2 offenses 1 of which has a minimum punnishment if found guilty of relegation. The other 3 are only being charged with 1 offense which has never in Italian football resulted in a relegation, only a points deduction.

As for the players named, Kaka has recently signed an extention to his deal and stated his intention to remain regardless. Gatusso has stated he will stick with Milan also. out of the Juve players the only ones to say that they are looking around are Viera and Ibra. Nedved is retiring end of next season and has said he will stay with Juve despite relegation in order to help them return to the top. Nothing has been said from either Zambrotta and Buffon, the latter of which cannot say anything due to the fact that he is also under investigation.

So the Doc is abviously full of lust now he is having his pound of flesh and loving it. Now whats that quote I once heard: "never let the truth get in the way of a good rant"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

*meow*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

iregk wrote:
    Juve are being charged with 2 offenses 1 of which has a minimum punnishment if found guilty of relegation. The other 3 are only being charged with 1 offense which has never in Italian football resulted in a relegation, only a points deduction.

Sure?

Charges mentioned by PHB
    Italian champions Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina are also under investigation for violating Articles One and/or Six of the Sports Justice Code.

Milan are only being investigated for violating Article One, but could face a points deduction if they are found guilty.

The other three clubs would face severve penalties, including relegation from Serie A, if guilty and the verdict is expected by July 9.

Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

i thought Kaka had signed a new deal with Milan weeks ago. Milan have come out and said he aint going anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Re read that again wreckless one. articles one and/or six. its the and/or part. Milan are being charged with article 1. Lazio & Fiori are being charged with artice 6 where as Juve are being charged with both. Ok my wording wasn't entirely clear but thats the jizz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

iregk wrote:
    Re read that again wreckless one. articles one and/or six. its the and/or part. Milan are being charged with article 1. Lazio & Fiori are being charged with artice 6 where as Juve are being charged with both. Ok my wording wasn't entirely clear but thats the jizz.

Charged with Article 6:

Juve
    Lazio
    Fiorentina

Charged with Article 1:

Juve
    Milan

Correct?
    iregk wrote:
    Juve are being charged with 2 offenses 1 of which has a minimum punnishment if found guilty of relegation

Article 6 carries a punishment of automatic relegation AFAIK, 3 of the 4 clubs face relegation if the charges are proven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Regarding Kaka - i could Milan loaning him (to R. Madrid?) and some others out for a season and then take them back assuming they get promoted next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Even if milan do relegated which is unlikely it is even more unlikely that milan will have to sell its players as the common bullsh*t that sky sports talk as they are not like leeds where if they go the will be screwed.

Are we forgetting who bankrolls milan a certain mr. Berlusconi who has an estimated personal empire worth around 20 billion which is a tad bit more than chelski have and milan is his first love so he would do anything to stop them going belly-up

The reason they will have to sell their players as there players will want to leave, as it will be two seasons without CL football.
    It's not a money issue, although that will play a part in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

My SSIA is maturing pretty soon so today i've been comtemplating putting a wedge of it into Juve shares as they've halved and could plummet much further if the worst happens. It would take a few years to make any sort of return but i realy couldn't see Juve not becoming a major team within 4 or so years again...any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

i would imagine that the teams that go to serie B would try to loan out any of their big stars that are unhappy so that when (in all likelyhood) they get promoted the following season that some could return

although this still means no european football its a possible compromise, it could be better than having to sell your stars at bargain basement prices ala leeds afew years back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

according to sky sports new which is always right
    Stopped reading after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

zabbo wrote:
    Stopped reading after that
    Sky Sports News is always right. :) The Sky Sports website posts a load of bull though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

So yesterday Juventues basically admitted they were corrupt and there lawyer but in a ple that relegation to Seire B is an acceptable punishment!

(On Wednesday, Cesare Zaccone, a lawyer for Juventus, told the hearing that if his clients were found guilty "an acceptable punishment could be that of the other clubs, in other words (relegation to) the second division with points deducted".)

Whit Milan and Lazio trying to deny any involvement in this the case could end up with just Juve getting the book thrown at them.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/0706/italy1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

If Italy win the WC there's a possibility that Italian football would be revived by this and the damage to the football there would be lessened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Increased supply will cause a decrease in price surely

Unless there are other unmentioned factors

Advertisement