Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hair under my chin

• 05-07-2006 1:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know this might sound weird like ive a beard or something which i dont!but i have light downy hair under my chin and its not noticable but sometimes in bright natral light you can slightly see it but in photos you can see it and its getting me down.i cant wax it because i get spots and electrolysis theres loads and loads of little blond hair so it will take forever,i dont knwo what to do?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

you can get laser therapy, think its called light pulse therapy or something. it isn't invasive and basically treats a much larger area than electrolysis. check out some cosmetic surgery places who may do it

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭AnitaMcCluskey

Firstly, how long has it been there? If it has come on suddenly and is getting worse there could be a medical explanation, such as PCOS or a hormone inbalance and if so the doctor can give you special creams to slow down the growth, nothing permantly though!
    Otherwise, there are products available called "hair off" which can get rid by applying cream like Nair or Veet but they are specially made for facial hair. Or a buffer which buffs the hair away leaving it smooth as a baby's bottom, they're not expensive maybe 7euros and the do work. You can get them in the tolietries section of Penneys.
    Hope this helps.

Why don't you have a shave ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Shaving will make matters worse and encrouage the growth of the hair that is why.

Or a buffer which buffs the hair away leaving it smooth as a baby's bottom, they're not expensive maybe 7euros and the do work. You can get them in the tolietries section of Penneys.
    Hope this helps.

I was in penneys today and couldn't see any, anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭AnitaMcCluskey

Never seen it anywhere else but I know that Penney's on O'Connell Street, Dublin definately have it. It over where the false nails are. Seen it there on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you're a girl, follow the above advice. If you're a lad, grow a smig:cool: I suppose its up to you to embrace or engage it, tho.

Advertisement