Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car service www.friction.ie

Options
  • 05-07-2006 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    has anyone used www.friction.ie for a car service? is their service good? do they cover everything? if there is specific problems with the car can they fix it or will you end having to go to your own dealer anyway??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Not a bad idea, 189e for a service is a bit much am afraid 125e in my local Opel Dealer in Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

I cant see any opel dealer in Dublin doing a service for less than 180, or even a local garage for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

The joys of living in Monaghan really, why people dont service their own cars I dont know, I dont service mind as I dont have the time, leave the car down and pick up a replacement for the day as well.

I like the srevice they offer to bring your car to the NCT centre for you, thats a good service to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

I cant see any opel dealer in Dublin doing a service for less than 180, or even a local garage for that matter.

it depends what needs to be done in the service

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im getting a load of 404 errors from that site!
    I see there is free nternet browsing while you are waiting - which is nice!
    Full vehicle service & mini-valet, 189 Euro.
    10W40 Q8 Advanced Semi Syntethic oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, brake pads, windscreen wipers. 1 Hour "While you wait" service.
    WRT the 'full' service - they are doing the oil, filters & plugs. Are they replacing the pads even if not required? What brand? There is no mention of a vehicle check but I will presume this is done.
    I somehow suspect that my this service would net be what my E39 requires!

• Advertisement

I have also tried ringing them and I cant get through, I'm wondering id they do electrical checks and check the engine management system etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Are we even sure that this website is for real? All of the links seem to go to 404s.

i tried ringing them today and yesterday and the phone just rings out...maybe they are no more..

Advertisement