Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free PC Phone Dialer Software??

Options
  • 05-07-2006 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I've been trying to find some decent dialer software (free, if possible) for my laptop, but when I search for it all that keeps coming up is VoIP software. Can anyone suggest some software that will allow me to make and receive normal PSTN phone calls from my laptop using a headset. I need to type when I'm on the phone and this would make my life a lot easier. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

JayV wrote:
    I've been trying to find some decent dialer software (free, if possible) for my laptop, but when I search for it all that keeps coming up is VoIP software. Can anyone suggest some software that will allow me to make and receive normal PSTN phone calls from my laptop using a headset. I need to type when I'm on the phone and this would make my life a lot easier. Thanks! :)
    Are you talking about using the dial-up modem in your laptop? A few minutes on TUCOWS turned this up. (I've used NCHs Switch software for converting RealAudio files to MP3, but I don't have any experience with their other software).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

surely he needs a voice fax/modem not a simple fax/modem for this (eg it allows voice calls with headset in and with microphone in pc) have you a voice modem in the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

Thanks Foxwood... yes that is the sort of thing I'm looking for. I downloaded it and it looks great.... slight problem :mad: (Sponge Bob is right) .... the built-in modem in my dell laptop doesn't support voice!! I'm going to have a look on ebay for a PC card or usb voice & data modem. Thaks for the help guys! :D

Advertisement