Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you getting sick of boards yet?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

jonny68 wrote:
    cop onto yourself FFS i bet your one of these who would go to a football match and be appalled to hear bad language,get real FFS :rolleyes:

Not at all, but I do have the utmost contempt for people whose grasp of the English language is so poor, that they can't even type one sentence without swearing twice.

I believe you, sir, are the one who needs to "cop on" if you really believe it's appropriate to call a group of people "scum" just because you don't like them. Football is just a game, at the end of the day. Everybody should just calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Faith wrote:
    Football is just a game, at the end of the day.

:rolleyes:

When will you people ever learn???????

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There's a fuzzball forum here? And here's me thinking there was only a quake forum:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

jonny68 wrote:
    cop onto yourself FFS i bet your one of these who would go to a football match and be appalled to hear bad language,get real FFS :rolleyes:

Boards is not a football match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Faith wrote:
    Not at all, but I do have the utmost contempt for people whose grasp of the English language is so poor, that they can't even type one sentence without swearing twice.

I believe you, sir, are the one who needs to "cop on" if you really believe it's appropriate to call a group of people "scum" just because you don't like them. Football is just a game, at the end of the day. Everybody should just calm down.
    ill fuc*ing swear if i feel fit to do so,it may be "just a game" to the likes of you but to others it's more than that,i called them scum as some of their supporters had caused a lot of trouble the week previously,so dont' tell me to cop on sonny jim.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If you bothered to read the charter you'd know use of the term scum is prohibited. Is it that hard to understand? Do you struggle with your command of the English language?

Would you walk up to a group of Rovers fans and call them scum to their face?

Why is it so hard for people to accept that for the Soccer forum to remain open, certain standards have to be adhered to? Abuse got it closed in April 2004, without the current moderation of the forum it will be closed again.

Finally, is it that hard to talk about football without abusing somebody? I've a season ticket at Spurs, I've no problem with the abusive songs and bad language in its place, but the Soccer Forum on boards ain't the place for it. Grow up you child.

grow up you child :rolleyes: im no doubt a lot older than you son ,i feel sorry for your type,as Roy keane says your probably one of the prawn sandwich brigade

So let me see if I understand this correctly; because you are discussing soccer you can't have reasonable, coherant discussion? Instead you just abuse supporters of other teams, not for any particular reason but just because they don't support the same team as you?

Yes, I see, that makes perfect sense.

I can and have discussed football until the cows come home but if i have a reason to call another team or its supporters scum then ill do it but obviously not on this bloody forum where censorship takes precedent.

RuggieBear wrote:
    That's a particularly sad statement. I feel sorry for you

awwww me heart bleeds :rolleyes:

jonny68 wrote:
    grow up you child :rolleyes: im no doubt a lot older than you son

I was talking about mental age.
    jonny68 wrote:
    i feel sorry for your type,as Roy keane says your probably one of the prawn sandwich brigade

I said I was a Spurs fan, its cream cheese bagels you prat

jonny68 wrote:
    I can and have discussed football until the cows come home but if i have a reason to call another team or its supporters scum then ill do it but obviously not on this bloody forum where censorship takes precedent.

Its not censorship you arse, its the rules. You're supposed to read them before posting. Shall we get a remedial teacher in for your benefit?

• Advertisement

Its not censorship you arse, its the rules. You're supposed to read them before posting. Shall we get a remedial teacher in for your benefit?
    well you know where you can stick the rules you muppet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ah man, you interupted the quadruple posting. I'm sure he was about to set a new ineptness record.

jonny68 wrote:

phear.jpg

RuggieBear wrote:
    ah man, you interupted the quadruple posting. I'm sure he was about to set a new ineptness record.

Sorry man, and to think Norris McWhirter almost rose from the dead to adjudicate on his utter ass clownery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

where is that moany fúcker that started this thread anyway?

has he nothing further to say?

Where am I? well I left all the intellectual people like yourself came in with such great comments like above.
    actually, i think you will find that i undermod, and i dont do anything to a thread unless absolutely neccessary.
    i am a great believer that people have the right to say things, and i believe that people have the right to an opinion, and i believe that the best form of modding is the kind that goes unnoticed.

Biggest pile of poo I have read in a long time, as I mentioned before I was on the motors forum and got into a discussion, Mike had pointed out something to me after I reported a post, about 15 posts later we got a great comments from yourself telling me not to ues the report a post option etc. Yeah great under-modding. Thought you could get one of you stupid posts in to try and start an arguement

Remember the Celtic thread in the soccer forum where you joined in to slag off all Celtic supporters, then when someone posted a smart reply you asked for them to be banned. Like a little child running home to mammy(in your case mod) when someone replied to you

Your a great mod alright!!!

Oh yeah thought the Thunderdrome was the only place you could start using personal abuse.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

jonny68 wrote:
    If you have a reason, then there are far more politic ways of putting it that won't get you banned from the forum.

You can't generalise about groups of people. Some of their supporters may have caused trouble but that's not a reason to call all of them scum. Would you like it if someone called all supporters of your team scum just because a small element caused trouble at a game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

jonny68 wrote:

You sir, have the boorish manners of a Yaley. I propose than jonny68 is one the "internet hardman" bridgade. Your mammeh must be so proud. :p

If you have a reason, then there are far more politic ways of putting it that won't get you banned from the forum.

You can't generalise about groups of people. Some of their supporters may have caused trouble but that's not a reason to call all of them scum. Would you like it if someone called all supporters of your team scum just because a small element caused trouble at a game?

I wouldn't bother me id just laugh it off as it happens all the time in football,if i ran a general football forum and someone said something like that they wouldn't get banned for it :rolleyes: anyway forget about it let the geeks get on with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

anyway forget about it let the geeks get on with it...

indenial.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

jonny68 wrote:
    if i ran a general football forum and someone said something like that they wouldn't get banned for it :rolleyes:

So start a general football forum. Man, how red will Boards.ie's face be when everyone decides to jump ship for your obviously far better moderated forum? Go, on, try it. If you can learn a football chant you can figure out how to start a forum.
    anyway forget about it let the geeks get on with it...

Ahahahahahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

jonny68 wrote:

Now you're starting to understand.
    jonny68 wrote:
    I wouldn't bother me id just laugh it off as it happens all the time in football,if i ran a general football forum and someone said something like that they wouldn't get banned for it rolleyes.gif anyway forget about it let the geeks get on with it...

Just get a ****ing blog and you can post "Rovers are scum" each and every day to it. Not that it would make a particularly interesting read or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Threads like this make me wish for a digging-a-hole smiley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hole.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

jonny68 wrote:
    I wouldn't bother me id just laugh it off as it happens all the time in football,if i ran a general football forum and someone said something like that they wouldn't get banned for it :rolleyes: anyway forget about it let the geeks get on with it...
    Well, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hole.gif

My world is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

phear.jpg
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... thats so cute :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ruu wrote:
    I propose that jonny68 is one the "internet hardman" bridgade. :p

lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Big Nelly wrote:
    Biggest pile of poo I have read in a long time, as I mentioned before I was on the motors forum and got into a discussion, Mike had pointed out something to me after I reported a post, about 15 posts later we got a great comments from yourself telling me not to ues the report a post option etc. Yeah great under-modding. Thought you could get one of you stupid posts in to try and start an arguement.

ohhhh!

i time. so where are the rest of the times?
    Big Nelly wrote:
    Remember the Celtic thread in the soccer forum where you joined in to slag off all Celtic supporters, then when someone posted a smart reply you asked for them to be banned. Like a little child running home to mammy(in your case mod) when someone replied to you.

what thats got to do with me being a mod?

come on, at least make your case consistant.
    Big Nelly wrote:
    Your a great mod alright!!!

show me where else then.

all talk and no action as usual.

you could really take some lessons in trollery. your attempts are pathetic.

#
    Big Nelly wrote:
    Oh yeah thought the Thunderdrome was the only place you could start using personal abuse.

you dont seem to know much about much at all really, do you.

Ah, I see our little elephant friend is spreading the good word in AH.

In his honour, here's a grasshopper playing the world's smallest violin...

grasshopper-playing-violin.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Lux23 wrote:
    In fairness most people who would called themselves gamers have never really met someone who they could abuse in real life!! :)

I'd call myself a gamer....and i deffo have ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement