Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you getting sick of boards yet?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

A lot of people in this thread need to **** off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you need to asterix off

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

amp wrote:
    What would Pearce think of a modern Irish forum site banning the declaration of war? He'd be disgusted, as I am.

Seeing as he was a teacher he'd probably be more browned-off that you couldn't spell his name... ;)

Now back to the normal programme of moaning/constructive criticism/arguing/reasoned debate *

* - delete where inappropriate,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah, I see our little elephant friend is spreading the good word in AH.

In his honour, here's a grasshopper playing the world's smallest violin...

grasshopper-playing-violin.jpg

Ah, the eloquent melody that only mexican grasshopper violin players can provide. Exquisite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

HAY EVERYBoDY

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Shabadu wrote:
    HAY EVERYBoDY
    [Crowd]Hey Dr. Nick[/Crowd]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Interesting fact. I am using Firefox 2 RC1 and it is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Big Nelly wrote:
    Its just a question, when I joined there was a good group of guys around I knew and where all sound, these guys have seemed to have gone so I am wondering if everyone is getting pi**ed off with boards!!!

Questions dont hurt you know!

Nope. Its nice to have a little bit of order sometimes. Some people cant get very critical when reading someone elses post...like stuff like "Oh i wont read anything from anyone that cant spell etc..."... Then it gets personal, and if the mods werent there to ban people, then it would get out of hand i think..
    and the point of the thread would be lost..I think youll find from the Stats Boards is more popular now than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tred wrote:
    Nope. Its nice to have a little bit of order sometimes. Some people cant get very critical when reading someone elses post...like stuff like "Oh i wont read anything from anyone that cant spell etc..."... Then it gets personal, and if the mods werent there to ban people, then it would get out of hand i think..
    and the point of the thread would be lost..I think youll find from the Stats Boards is more popular now than ever.

im sorry, by using 'facts' you are instantly dismissed from old wellys debate.

he only deals in conjecture and subjectives. and only if they are his.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think it is one of the better run forums that I have seen...I have visited many of the sections and while there is some abuse and cut-throat stuff (Lan parties in the main), most people seem nice and willing to help.

What surprises me most since joining is how helpful people are on the Personal Issues forum. People take all things posted seriously and try hard to help no matter what the subject matter is. Embarresing things can be discussed and dealt with and I am truely impressed by this...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sabre0001 wrote:
    People take all things posted seriously...

Well that's cos they'll get their asses kicked if they don't....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement