Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Suites

• 05-07-2006 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any good bathroom suite websites, tried Googling but didn't come up with much.

21/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

You can look at online brochures for Tubs and Tiles if that's any help no prices though... maybe google irish builders merchants? I've a catalogue here for "The Sonas bathroom collection" sanitary ware by Twyford Bathrooms. www.sonasbathrooms.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Go raibh maith agat, Never thought of searching for builders merchants.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fatchance

Hmmmm.....wonder where you work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

badmanjam wrote: »
    Not for them. Im an accountant by trade but having had jobs done by dodgy builders before and knowing what I know now I will go to any lengths to recommend Honest, Fair and Quality Shops & Tradesmen.

The first time I got work done in my house I was told to go to a certain builder after a recommendation from a friend of a friend..it took 1.5 years to get my conservatory finished. Donabate Bathrooms said 7 days and it took them 6. Thats why I will happily post up about them.

accountant eh ? something does not add up......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53661619&postcount=3

If it walks like a duck etc etc............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

in relation to bathrooms supplied by retailers like donabate bathrooms and other like them, can anyone tell me with respect wall hung toilets does the price quoted for each one include the cistern and frame that is concealed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

uch wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any good bathroom suite websites, tried Googling but didn't come up with much.

If your still stuck for someone let me know where you are by pm. I am in bathrooms years. I will happily advise you free of charge.
    in relation to bathrooms supplied by retailers like donabate bathrooms and other like them, can anyone tell me with respect wall hung toilets does the price quoted for each one include the cistern and frame that is concealed.

Not normally. This is usually the sting in the frame. However I have seen someone being brought to court for not accepting stuff back after not supplying a frame.
    Timtam26 wrote: »
    Would highly recommend Donabate Bathrooms for suits and installation. Got mine finished last week on time and on budget, one thing I am looking to get in my bathroom but they could'nt get is one of the automated Toilet seats..anyone know where I can get one in Ireland ? Can get it from Japan but the waiting time is ridiculous..any help much appreciated
    daaaave wrote: »
    I'd personally recommend Dovcor Bathrooms as we've just bought one off them and it's fantastic. They deliver for free too which is also a bonus :-)

Bathroom Suites

To timtam and daaaaave. This is spam of the highest order. Donabate bathrooms is very expensive IMO and I actually know there suppliers and mark up's. They do not use there own fitters which is standard in the trade so they are only as good as there last job. Daaave. This is an english company. Anyone tempted to order pottery from england and expect it here in one peice is on optimist. Taps are high pressure and very slow. Bath shower mixers will not work.

So fire away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

I used to work in the bathroom industry as a wholesaler. Heres my take.

If you go to someone like Donabate or H&V for the most part they will quote you for everything you need for an install. So if they quote you for a wall hung toliet then there should be a frame and push button on the quote too.

As for what kind of suite you get? That depends on what you want to spend. At the top end there's Duravit, villeroy and boch and Roca just to name a couple. Roca and Villeroy can be good value too but Duravit is pricey in places. Go to a good showroom, H&V Sales have a good one in Ballymount and Donabate is ok. Waterloo in dun laoghaire have one of the best.
    Any of the showrooms can talk you through what you need, and some of them will arrange install for you too.

Hope that helps ya

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubGal10

Tubs and Tiles have a huge range, we got all our bathrooms done with Balbriggan tubs and tiles and there sale has great value.

id recommend them never had a problem with them, got our bathrooms done with Kiwiplumbing with Sammy Darragh the work is top class he is recommended by tubsandtiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

DubGal10 wrote: »
    Tubs and Tiles have a huge range, we got all our bathrooms done with Balbriggan tubs and tiles and there sale has great value.

id recommend them never had a problem with them, got our bathrooms done with Kiwiplumbing with Sammy Darragh the work is top class he is recommended by tubsandtiles.

Tubs and tiles are good but they are expensive. as for sammy darragh. He is a lovely man and a brilliant plumber. I know him a long time.

Its just a shame he is a kiwi. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubGal10

Ha, yes great workmanship by his team no complaints, very clean.
    Prices have come down with the recession and was only in there the other day 70% of loads of tiles and sales on bathroom suites. i found alot of other places more expensive when i was shopping around, as for B&Q i stay well away was told some stuff takes 6 weeks to order in so impractical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

Anyone know where PORCELANOSA is now based? I tried to get them on the phone, but no reply.

Unit 180 Oak Rd, Western Ind Est, Dublin 12.
    01-4197988
    Are they still operating in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 socialdude

I would recommend Platinum Group, I know them well and got some work done before (fitted a porch door for me) from their website there is a gallery of bathrooms they did for clients. Here's the link to their bathrooms gallery page - Bathrooms I'm sure they could help out with questions regarding bathrooms, construction etc. Ask for Keith Downy he owns the company :)

** I do not work for this company and can only recommend on previous work done and what I see on their site :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

got my bathroom done recently by a fella in jfk industrial estate through the builders providers there. use them all the time so when the new showrooms opened there (the man previously worked for h&v) he easily beat all the prices i was quoted and the whole thing was done in 3 days.
    feel free to pm if you would like photos or details

Advertisement