Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save my sanity

Options
  • 05-07-2006 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Just wondering if I could nip this in the bud before it becomes a prison thread...

This morning I recieved 2 emails from boards.ie
    gmailboards.jpg

The bottom one wishing me a Happy birthday, which i'm sure is automated but thank you anyway Boards. The second was in response to this thread

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=2293&cat=43

Then I checked my pm's and discovered one regarding this thread advertising the sale of an Oxegen ticket!

boardspm.jpg

I must be honest, this all came as a rather massive shock to me considdering I don't even own an Oxegen ticket. I haven't talked to her yet but I'm guessing my sister posted the thread. I genuinely didn't and have a real issue with it. I am a musician and a big music fan myself and as such have a major issue with being accused of being a tout as I am really adversed to touts and have never given money to one let alone been accused of being one.

I work in a rather dull windowless environment thus boards.ie has become my window to the world. It keeps me from going insane. Prior to this I have not even been warned by a mod. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardise my boards account and am well aware of the rules regarding touting.

I have pm'd the adverts mod involved but would like to ask if it is possible that whether or not I am banned from the forum, the site ban not be imposed. I am aware that all you have to go on is my word but please if possible considder my posting records upto now and the fact I have previously bought on the FS forums without any hassle.

Thank you
    John

Advertisement